For Sale Lightbar collection up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I will be selling all but 3 of my twinsonics and parts and all but 1 of my aerodynics and parts. We are talking approx 100 Lightbars. Approx value of parts is $6000 and bars are $10,000. Some are new in boxes, some are used. Pick up only near canton ohio. $10,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Correct. Individually nobody could afford everything I have and it would be a long and tedious process to photo each item and categorize it and deal with each transaction and shipping. So I decided to take a loss and move it quickly rather then make $16,000 and have the headache of shipping each item.

Reactions: tsquale

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Ryan on the end good old shipping would be

again the best thing and you will make happy most collectors! ;-)

About headache you always can take aspirin..... ;-)

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Ryan,

Your response to Tony is a bit confusing:  if no one "individually" can afford them, how do you propose to sell them as a lot?   Once you do decide to sell individually, I'll take whatever has green lenses (assuming they do not comprise the 3 you're retaining).

Thanks.

Marc

Reactions: empire5150

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
Grab the popcorn folks here we go!!... Note to Ryan..  Your choice and decisions  and how you do this is your business.  Hope you are successful and it works out for you. 

Reactions: adamogden

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
If nothing else Ryan, I admire your optimism.......
I agree. Quite the endeavor you're undertaking there, my friend! Not alot of funds out there floating around right now... 

That's one of the hassles of an assortment of that size... it went from a collection to a business to a liquidation... Unfortunately, your best monetary bet is to individualize. Just like parting-out a car, the sum of the parts is 3 TIMES the value of the car itself. Ask any salvage yard owner...

Your best bet is on here and individually, i'm afraid. Just my opinion.

Reactions: adamogden
Ryan it's your equipment to sell as you like.

I hope you don't mind me makeing a suggestion. offer shipping via LTL fright (Less Than Loaded) at buyers expense. That will really open up the number of potential buyers. It's not as expensive as you might think.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Oh I know that my $10,000 for everything is a big loss over individual sales. My problem is getting things shipped out. I hate shipping things. If i do offer each item up I will let the buyers know that it comes as is. I am so tired of people bitching that a 25 year old lightbulb got damaged or doesn't work after they get their bar. I mean good grief what do they want me to do?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
And another point of this site is I offer up lights at a price I can live with selling them at, then the buzzards come and lowball you or bitch about your pricing so even after you lower your prices then they butch that shipping is $4 more them it should be. But they don't care that each box cost $6 and the peanuts are $37 for a large bag and that my time costs more then $.50 an hour. I know it's a buyers market currently. That's why I figd I would cut out all the bullshit and list it this way.

And no Gary Cahill I am not interested in selling this lot to you for $4000 so you can turn around and list it for $35,000 like you do to other collectors. Do I need to sell any if this stuff? Nope do I want to sell any of this stuff? Nope. I just want to make some room to buy more stuff. Besides listing these items still doesn't make a dent in everything I own.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
And no Gary Cahill I am not interested in selling this lot to you for $4000 so you can turn around and list it for $35,000 like you do to other collectors. 
I just spewed coffee over that line!

Free bump for humor. Again, best of luck with the sale ryan

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
No solid buyers yet. But if I start breaking stuff down the prices go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonClampitt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.