Lighting suggestions - 2015 Sierra Denali

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Looking for suggestions and tips on lighting a 2015 Denali 1500. Currently available:

Liberty Duo 54"

HALO front and rear systems

Vertexes in red, amber, white, 2 of each

Ion wide angle surface mount red/white

HHS2200 with dual SA315P

Martinshorn 2297GM

Wanted to do a Setina PB450L push bar but the park assist sensors will throw a hissy fit so that's out. Don't want to drill into the roof or do something too drastic to preserve the work needed to restore it when the lease is up.

Thinking of going with a Dee Zee aluminum back rack for the lightbar, maybe shoehorn Vertexes into the tail lights or the HALOs, and something behind the grille. The front corners are unfortunately an amber lens which means the HALOs are out.

Alternatively ditch the Liberty and go with an Inner Edge but I prefer overt lighting.

Martinshorns would be going behind the grille with the compressor in the spare battery location. Huge thanks to Retired1 for these babies.

Anyone upfitted the 2015 Sierra yet?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Two suggestions:

1) No Vertex.

2) Pictures!

Loves me some Sierra Denali, even if its not an HD...

WhackerTechnologies

Apr 10, 2014
New York, New York
If you want my company, Whacker Technologies can supply you with equipment similar to all of the equipment you would like to put on your new vehicle at a fraction of the cost it would cost you to go with all Whelen. Please feel free to contact me. I can even put together customized suggestions for you.

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
My opinion:

Liberty Duo 54" Yes.
HALO front and rear systems Ditch.
Vertexes in red, amber, white, 2 of each Maybe in rears.  I'd avoid headlights.  HLF a possibility?
Ion wide angle surface mount red/white Ditch.  Get something single color/larger footprint for grille.
HHS2200 with dual SA315P Yes.
Martinshorn 2297GM WHAT?!  Hell, why not.
Setina PB450L push bar Yes.  Look into relocating those sensors to the bar.
Dee Zee aluminum back rack Yes.

Reactions: tsquale

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
If you want my company, Whacker Technologies can supply you with equipment similar to all of the equipment you would like to put on your new vehicle at a fraction of the cost it would cost you to go with all Whelen. Please feel free to contact me. I can even put together customized suggestions for you.
 I am curious why your company operates under at least 2 different names?? Emergency city and Whacker??

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
 Oh and just to clarify. The only similarities to Whelen with your lights are that they blink and have color. Sorry but I get annoyed when people market china knockoffs and say they are similar to American made stuff.

Reactions: Nathan R

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Oh and just to clarify. The only similarities to Whelen with your lights are that they blink and have color. Sorry but I get annoyed when people market china knockoffs and say they are similar to American made stuff.
FYI, the owner of WT, Herschel, has been a long time respected member of elightbars. He is not on here much since he finished med school and became an MD. Yes, the lights are imported but they will honor warranties unlike 99% of other companies who import lights.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Keep the martinshorns....I put a viair 20000 air source kit in the 2nd battery space in my 07 Silverado. Attached it to a Wolo chief. Better than any sy-reen IMO.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
I have a Viair compressor and 5 gallon tank that could be installed for my Grover 1510 but I don't think I want to get that involved. My upfitter says just to get the front grille off is a minimum of four hours labor never mind any equipment to be installed.

Wanted to do a Cantrol system but they don't have a certified tech to install it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I installed mine here.....took about 2 hours for the whole install. 

2015-03-29_10-34-43_48.jpg

2015-03-29_10-35-01_369.jpg

Not the most ideal place, but its lasted 4 years so far.  The air tank is only 2.5gals.  The end of the bell points out though the fan shroud and radiator.  At 60psi it clears traffic pretty well.  I've got a video of it up on Youtube somewhere.   

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'd keep it very simple for a lease:

M6 or M7 in front of grill (on either side of GMC logo)

Duo color ions on 10-75 bracket

Libby on headache rack

Duo color ions on rear LP

Additional considerations:

--Clear cannons replacing fogs

--Dual Avenger on lower dash

--SOS Intersectors (since all the drilling is below the mirror, they're not readily-visible holes to conceal)

--M7's or Duo color ions on sides and rear of toolbox (if you get one)

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
I am working on my 2015 Silverado HD. I too did not want to drill the roof for my Liberty. I ran the wires in body color tape with adhesive tie anchors through the top brake light with grommets. Split the bulb with each wire.. Used some wear tape to protect the paint under the wire and straps. I also used the Whelen Sa315p mounts behind the grill left and right.

IMG_20150401_123018.jpg

IMG_20150401_123041.jpg

Reactions: Solvarex

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
I am working on my 2015 Silverado HD. I too did not want to drill the roof for my Liberty. I ran the wires in body color tape with adhesive tie anchors through the top brake light with grommets. Split the bulb with each wire.. Used some wear tape to protect the paint under the wire and straps. I also used the Whelen Sa315p mounts behind the grill left and right.
Very nice work. Do you mind sharing a bit more on how this was done, ie. work involved in dropping the headliner, where you mounted the equipment, what to watch for with the brake light, etc.

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
I plan to do a install post when its all done. Waiting on some Ion Duos, vertex for the tailights and some Whelen fog lights with innerweave.

The light bar installed through the brake light was fairly simple. I found grommets to fit over each wire snugly then drilled the brake light in steps on til I found the best fit.I mounted the bar first,then secured the wrapped wire with anchors. You can find them at Lowes electrical dept.I drilled the brake light on the tailgate with the wire nearby.When you drill, go all the way through the top and bottom. Make sure to have the small and large wire on the correct side so not to twist the wire on top. Allow space from the brake light bulb for heat. Vacuum the shavings out and blow with air.

Pull the one 7mm bolt inside on the upper c pillar near the back window and pull the clipped in panel off to the floor. The headliner stays in place. There is plenty of open space to feed the wires down, tape them together to feed. I mounted by HHS control amp under the back seat left side. All wires run out the rear of the cab floor to the battery. Ran the HHS control cable through the interior run under the door sills.Also ran the illumination wire there. This is my second truck that I did this way. My old truck I had 3 years with no leaks. The red tape did start to break down from the sun. When I traded the truck, I got another light, around $40.

IMG_20150401_123158.jpg

IMG_20150409_111251.jpg

IMG_20150409_111044.jpg

IMG_20150409_111147.jpg

IMG_20150409_110943.jpg

IMG_20150409_111018.jpg

IMG_20150409_111218.jpg

Reactions: Solvarex

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Hold on, I just looked at my roofline. Where the hell do the lightbar straps go?? Hard to see in your picture but I'm guessing the two channels that have the black plastic strip running the length of them?

Think I'll stick with a "headache" bar at the back of the cab. Just simpler overall.

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
The straps go under the door. Stretch the feet out to the very inner edge of the black strips but not on them to get the bar as low as possible. The two screws are the only drilling. When you trade, leave the screws in the holes.

IMG_20150414_175250.jpg

IMG_20150414_175228.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.