List of older, 'lower tone' electronic sirens

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I love how my older electronic sirens, such as my FS Director & FS Interceptor, have that lower frequency deep sound on the 'wail' siren tone.
Today's newer electronic sirens are all too high pitched, in my opinion.
What are some electronic siren models that have a lower siren tone, like the Director & Interceptor?
Hopefully this will lead to an inclusive list, or even a sticky, if enough knowledge is posted.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Federal PA150, 170, 200, CC1? Motorola Systems 90?

No, the Federal PA150, PA170, PA200, PA15A series 1E and PA20A series 2E all have screamy high-pitched wail and yelp tones like the electronic sirens we hear nowadays. They were manufactured in the 1970s and 1980s.

Federal's low-pitched electronic sirens were manufactured in the 1960s. They include the PA5, PA10, PA15, PA20, PA15A series 1B 1C and 1D, and PA20A series 2B 2C and 2D. There was also the Federal PA1 and PA2 made in the late 1950s.

Other low-pitched electronic sirens include the Fyr-Fyter Penetrator, General Electric Power-Call / Siren, Heathkit GD-18, Smith & Wesson Magnum series electronic sirens,
Carson SA300 and SA400 (the early Whelen WS 295 and Southern VP SA series sirens were based on these models), Signal Stat Stat VI and Stat VII, North American Signal Siren Master, Sireno Projector, and the Whelen WS-224.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I prefer the late 1960s versions of the Director and Interceptor. They sing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.