Macon Police Dept.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
What are the lights by the rearview mirror? It looks like the one is doing an arrow pattern to motion people to pull over? Could just be the iPhone used to film it...

bsmith487

Jun 21, 2010
USA, GA
tsquale said:
What are the lights by the rearview mirror? It looks like the one is doing an arrow pattern to motion people to pull over? Could just be the iPhone used to film it...

Its on steady burn not arrowing. Just the iphone camera not catching it properly.

bsmith487

Jun 21, 2010
USA, GA
Hoser said:
What kind of light is at the rearview mirror?

All of the lights in the front window are whelen single talons non-sync. The video makes the one look like its doing a traffic advisor but its actually doing a steady burn blue.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Nice install. Are they take home cars and do you have free reign? But it is a video fail... Always take photos and videos sideways.

bsmith487

Jun 21, 2010
USA, GA
lafd55 said:
Nice install. Are they take home cars and do you have free reign? But it is a video fail... Always take photos and videos sideways.

take home with free reign as long as its does not mount to the body

bsmith487

Jun 21, 2010
USA, GA
lafd55 said:

take home with free reign as long as its does not mount to the body

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I always thought you guys had pool cars, but I'm glad you get to take it to the house. The new graphics are a huge improvement.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
The old cars were beat the hel;l up.

IMO, a bit much in the rear, and I am a fan of uniformity in the flash patterns. All in all, not bad. My personal preference would be something like the Strobes-n-More dual color light bar on the deck in blue/amber for a traffic advisor type light.

Still, good stuff.

+1 on the New Striping. Much, much better.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I've brought this up before, but got told I'm silly. Steady burning LED is not real. They blink at a very rapid rate, that the eye does not detect. I've noticed this effect while watching Top Gear on BBC. Almost every LED tail light, and DRL caught on video is blinking. There is also a video on YouTube of a veyron in Dallas with the taillights blinking.

At first, I thought it might just be shutter speed of certain cameras, but I'm not so sure of that after seeing 'patterns' on Mercedes DRLs on TG. This steady blue giving an arrow boosts my thoughts.

At the 43 mark, while in reverse, the brake lights come on and you can see they blink.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Edmundsvideo?v=YtjnaABy_38

35 mark, amber running light on the right side is blinking...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Nice Lights & Car. Is this where the film Macon County Line was filmed or about? :D

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
ast123 said:
This is the City of Macon. Although I'm pretty sure there is Macon County elsewhere in the peach state

Ok thought the City could have been in the County. Thanks, Did you ever see the movie & is this anywhere near Pooler?

Todd

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
ast123 said:
Nah I've never seen the movie. And not really, they're bout 2.5 hours or so apart. Are you from Pooler or something?

My brother lives there now. Well good talking to ya. Anyway if you like Sheriff movies it stars Maxx Bear Jr from the old Beverly Hillbillies show, only movie he ever made and produced. It made him alot of money for the time.

See ya -Todd:D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Stoic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.