MN Newbie

MSP1989SSP

Aug 18, 2011
United States/Midwest
Greetings from MN. I'm a Mustang collector from MN who has had 10 Fox chassis Mustangs since buying my first new car in 1980 (a 2.3 Turbo/4-speed hatch). I also had a 69 Mach I for a month about 5 years ago (long story for a different day). Three of my Fox Mustangs have been SSPs. My first was a 1986 ex-Utah Highway Patrol car that needed a total restoration (no equipment on it when I had it for 2 years), my second was a 1986 ex-Colorado State Patrol car that had been restored to a Georgia State Patrol clone (or tribute car) by the previous owner. It was hard-marked and had functioning lights and radar (non-functioning radio and siren). I think it was the best looking color combo of all the SSPs that I have seen. I sold that car at auction in May of 2010 after I lost my job. Still looking for a job, but I found my present SSP last Match in MI. 1 of 20 SSP Mustangs used by the MN State Patrol. The only one that is known to be restored to in-service specs and 1 of 8 VINs accounted for. 1989 was the only year that MN used SSPs. Hopefully I can find the lights that I need to replace the incorrect LED lights that are on the car now. Below are 2 other Mustangs that I presently own, along with a photo of the CSP/GSP SSP that I owned for 3 years. Looking forward to making some new friends here,

Bob

p.s. the 2010 SHO in the garage was also a victim of my job loss. I ordered it new, had it for a year, and it was the best car I have ever owned.

GT convertible.jpg

90front.jpg

GSP SSP Front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I had an 06 for a couple years but the gas mileage was killing me so I sold it. I always told myself, if I ever get another Mustang, it will be a fox body! Just something about them I love..

Welcome to the site!

MSP1989SSP

Aug 18, 2011
United States/Midwest
tom said:
I had an 06 for a couple years but the gas mileage was killing me so I sold it. I always told myself, if I ever get another Mustang, it will be a fox body! Just something about them I love..

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the welcome. I forgot about my other vehicle that once had emergency lights and a siren (gone before I got it). My 1967 M715 Jeep spent 18 years in the Army, followed by 20 years in a Fire Dept. in WI. It now has 22k original miles and reminds me of a life-size Tonka truck.

M715med.jpg

LEO-FAST

Aug 12, 2011
NC
welcome. I used to have a 97 s281 heads cam charger ...... now building a 69 GTO Tribute car with the LEO-FAST Foundation.

I like the SSP and the Fire truck that's coolKEISLER.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.