MT1000 Batteries

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
I just got issued an old MT1000 low-band portable. It's a great sturdy radio, and in good condition for as old as it is, but right now it's just the radio and battery, so I'd like to "upgrade" a bit to make it a bit more usable for my personal preferences.

I should have a speaker mic on the way in the next day or two, but I'd like to get a case and strap for it since it doesn't have a belt clip. I was looking at TheFireStore.com and found they have two different cases for the MT1000, one for a medium battery, and the other for a high capacity battery.

The part number on the battery for my radio is NTN5447B, but I have yet to find whether that would be considered "medium" or "high capacity." Anyone know this radio/motorola products any better and able to provide some insight? Thanks!

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
I spend half an hour on google looking for this info before giving up and posting here, and of course, I find a parts list with the info I'm looking for no less than five minutes after posting.

It looks like I do in fact have the high capacity battery. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, I welcome additional information, but it looks like I'm going to go ahead and order the larger of the two cases.

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
I've ordered batteries and various accessories from Battery Zone. They are quick and have better than OEM stuff too.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
UpNorth beat me to it, but yes, definitely Battery Zone! I have been a dealer for thier product line for a number of years now and love thier portable radio batteries! I would STRONGLY recommend going with a high capacity Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery if you order a new one as opposed to a NiCad as they last longer and don't build a "memory" like the NiCads do.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.