My 2010 Dodge Journey EMS / Recue POV.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Welcome all,

Here we have my 2010 Dodge Journey that I use for response mostly to the station where I'm one of 3 EMT's that live in the response area. I'm also, usually the only EMT available during the day, as I work 24/72 shifts working for county EMS. We run a heavy rescue, extrication/1st responder vehicle, ATV w/ EMS module, 25' Boston Whaler w/ sonar, and an ALS ambulance. Now, what you've all been waiting for: the list, pics, and a video!

Whelen Liberty from Auctionhunters

2 Feniex T6s red/red in grill

red AWL SMT3s on fender

red / red Feniex Cannons in rear turn signals

Carson Cruiser mounted in console

CPI speaker from Remote Medic in lower airdam

all controlled by switches on dash - silvers control the TD and alleys, 1st rocker is front LB, grill, fenders, 2nd is LB corners and rear LAWs.

20150325_0943061.jpg

20150325_0942511.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKWx-O5t1_0

https://youtu.be/HAnAY4hAh9A

Thanks for looking,

Ted

Last edited by a moderator:

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Thanks guys. Surgicalcric, I believe we're one of the few counties that still does. Though, the county is debating on merging the independent, volunteer FDs and rescue squads into one county Fire & Rescue entity.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Add a HLF and you'd be set. A little blue to the rear wouldn't hurt either if you're allowed to. And any reason why four rear LEDs on the bar aren't flashing?

Trying to be a constructive critic. Nice job overall

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I wish I could run blue, but that's LE only. It has a six had amber traffic advisor that uses it's own cable, and I don't have a controller. So, I just used the remaining flasher leads for the front heads as it doesn't have a wire harness for the rear heads.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good. Have u considered getting a ULF44 to run the rear Amber heads? Inexpensive and will give u all 6 Amber flashing (since its a waste not to).

Upgrades to consider:

HLF

LED TDs

Paint the SMT brackets to make them blend in more

Also, you're a douche!!! U talk about the apparatus your dept has and you don't even have the courtesy to share pics/vids with your ELB brethren?

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I want a HLF, but I've heard horror stories of them needing with the computers on newer Dodges. LED TD an alerts are on the list, and I'm trading four of the ambers to Ryan (RWO978) for reds. The painting the SMTs is a good idea. Lastly, I'll try to get some pics of the apparatus tomorrow. I'll put them in a new post!

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Simple and clean. Very well done... +1 for the idea of an HLF, but I'm sure you can be seen.

Great setup.

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks guys. Surgicalcric, I believe we're one of the few counties that still does. Though, the county is debating on merging the independent, volunteer FDs and rescue squads into one county Fire & Rescue entity.
What is the consensus around the squads about rolling it with the FD to create a single entity? There is a good sized push to roll EMS in SC under the state fire system like many other states, instead of EMS' oversight coming from the dept. of health. There are pros and cons to each in my opinion, but the pockets are far deeper on the FD side for sure.

I was a volunteer FF and paramedic in Anderson County for about 10 years, until shortly after 9.11 when I enlisted in the military. Today Anderson has 7 paid "rescue squads" but and when it's convenient for them to be rescue squads they push on that political hot button (like each time the county talks about starting their own service) but otherwise they are 7 EMS services who contract to provide 9.11 service just like Medshore Ambulance.

I just bought another house in Anderson so I will be headed back there in a few weeks...

Nice apparatus.

On the note of your POV, there are several HLFs that will work on yours. I was worried about computer issues too but I haven't had any issues with my HD Ram.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks good. Nice and simple yet effective. You should look into  changing the board in the liberty out for one with the 2-wire T/A control to take advantage of the rear of the bar. It's a shame to have 2/3 of it not being used. You could also upgrade the TDs and alleys to LR11s for cheap and they make a huge difference. 

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
What is the consensus around the squads about rolling it with the FD to create a single entity? There is a good sized push to roll EMS in SC under the state fire system like many other states, instead of EMS' oversight coming from the dept. of health. There are pros and cons to each in my opinion, but the pockets are far deeper on the FD side for sure.

I was a volunteer FF and paramedic in Anderson County for about 10 years, until shortly after 9.11 when I enlisted in the military. Today Anderson has 7 paid "rescue squads" but and when it's convenient for them to be rescue squads they push on that political hot button (like each time the county talks about starting their own service) but otherwise they are 7 EMS services who contract to provide 9.11 service just like Medshore Ambulance.

I just bought another house in Anderson so I will be headed back there in a few weeks...

Nice apparatus.

On the note of your POV, there are several HLFs that will work on yours. I was worried about computer issues too but I haven't had any issues with my HD Ram.
The rescue squads are going to be merged with the FDs within the next 2 years. Most of us are in favour, since most of its are on both already anyway! There's no talk around here of EMS merging, but they are wanting to pull us out from under the hospital. They're looking at putting us under emergency management, which is where the FDs and RSs are now. Right now, we're (NCEMS) considered is considered party of the hospital (which is also run by the county), but we have more and more behind the EDs personal taxi service. Since the county OEM pays the hospital our wages, they're tired of us taking patients to Columbia because they don't have insurance, or taking people home that would never qualify for an ambulance normally. I can't wait!

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Add a video of the rear, with the Liberty finally complete!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.