National Park Service 2016 Ford PIU

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
You can accomplish a lot of the basic functionality with just a Cencom Gold and some thoughtful programming. We've run essentially the same install since 2012 which features auto switching between in-motion and stationary modes. This accomplishes most of what you need to maximize safety. For instance: http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/2012-nps-dodge-charger.39038/#post-345777

We have three Blueprint systems in service and are pretty happy with them. The big advantage with these systems is the ease of install. We are no longer running wires all over the vehicle. We aren't relying on relays and introducing points of failure. It makes life a lot easier once you get get the first one built and the initial program written.

Right, I should clarify and say, it couldn't be done without adding external relays and introducing more points of failure. Something I'm not a fan of.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Right, I should clarify and say, it couldn't be done without adding external relays and introducing more points of failure. Something I'm not a fan of.

I get the concern with points of failiure but IIRC, only two relays were used for these installs. One to tie the passenger's side spotlight on with the takedowns and the other to kill the siren foot switch unless the pursuit switch was in position 3. ULF 44's were used for all of the supplemental lighting and the patterns were controlled by the Cencom's park circuit. It's more about hooking up all of the possible inputs/outputs into the Cencom and then writing the program wisely.

The biggest pain with these installs has been getting the multiple ULF-44's programmed to the correct pattern and synchronized.

Reactions: acs680

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmoore77

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.