Need assistance with Federal Vision resto

Constable4016

Apr 27, 2024
Western PA
Hello, all. Been many, many moons since I was near here. I've been trying to fix a Vision bar for a trooper friend. I've done several from his agency in the past, but I've found that this one has seen better days. After messing around with the brain he got and the control heads, along with getting the correct cables, I decided to follow my gut and open up the bas itself and look at the circuitry inside. Someone has been in the bar itself and butchered the circuit boards, mainly the main larger one. Who would silicone the cable plug from the controller right on a printed circuit board? I'm pretty convinced they're toast. There is evidence of corrosion also and I don't like how the main board looks in general. I'm convinced that this is why the bar doesn't work even with a foreign (from another place and agency) brain and control head that are supposed to work, mind you supposed to. Right now, I see now obvious evidence that they shouldn't work. Still, there's no doubt that the internal bar boards are compromised.

The question.....does anyone have access to a good set of circuit boards? I believe this bar is from the early 2000s. There is a date stamp on what looks to be the main chip that says February 2004.

Attachments

• IMG_3869.JPG
    IMG_3869.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 14

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leaveen

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.