new board for local pd

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
new builds for a local pd...pre wiring a few of the things i can before the utilitys get here this week...

valor 51 inch bars

cn sigmaster on the push bar

cn sigmaster in the back window

new wideangle fed sig lights for the side of the pushpar and mirrors..

alh6.googleusercontent.com__Go6p8jchaX8_VAqTfTkgBuI_AAAAAAAACH605e401fbe2d23da2a8b4e4c06e4ab87.jpg 

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
of corse......i have an unlimmited budget....for the most part....i have to be less than 15,000$...yes   fifteen thousand.....thats what they payed for there last upfit....and got all off brand equpment....lots of star and d&r equpment done at a dealer upfit shop.

they had there own accout set up at fed sig just got it down to 45% off list....they were paying full list for the few things they bought.

Last edited by a moderator:

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
That's quite the budget, must be nice. I will comment that Star and D&R equipment is certainly not off brand. They aren't as mainstream as Whelen and Fed Sig but far from off brand. I actually really like D&R's sirens and the Prowler lightbar is extremely bright, brighter than a Liberty IMO

Reactions: Muxlow

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
they put a d&r remote siren....and star lightheads.....the only prob is they put them on the push bar and with 84 miles on it....lights on at a accadent ...fire chief backed into it and pushed the deezee push bar into the grill and hood.....4500 dammage....a small  scratch on the tahoe,,,,,.police chief said he wants the cars to be seen and to not "use those crap lights"...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
that's the pre-connects for switches and power.

Reactions: billchase

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
Looks to be a terminal strip.
that is what it is....i makes servicing just a little easier....i have also added a few relays to the board for park kill for the siren,white light flash,and LED opticom that was just added.......and for the record i did paint the silver bolt and screw heads black...its the little things that make the diffrence

Reactions: Doug

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
no. that big box is the switches/ slash siren.. the other side will go to siren speaker and the lights and radios etc...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
LOVE the sounds of this set up. I love the CN signalmasters. White flood override to the front? 

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
LOVE the sounds of this set up. I love the CN signalmasters. White flood override to the front? 
yes...and i have a flood option on switch 15....i have red white blue cage lights on both sides that will come on with ally lights   and r/w/b in the plate lights.   All have white override.....so flood turns on.....valor takedowns,left and right ally.....takedowns on the front cn sigmaster ....single viperson the cage for the left and right.....amber rear cn sigmaster and white rear plate lights...its a fun project.......just waiting for the trucks to hit the ground

a quick console pic...alh5.googleusercontent.com__Eu3ceeHKtt8_U_TWApGiRgI_AAAAAAAAB78684fe0150fa2dd0e93c8d38a60638e3.jpg

Reactions: Doug and Storm4200

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
First - awesome install. Gotta love seeing the professional wiring and all the little extra things you do.

Off topic - the car says police, but is using a 5 point star. Is that common?

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
First - awesome install. Gotta love seeing the professional wiring and all the little extra things you do.

Off topic - the car says police, but is using a 5 point star. Is that common?
thank you....the 5 point star is a pic of there badge....thats seems to be the new thing....a pic of the badge or arm patch on the car.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
No wonder they could afford an unfit like that!...a place named "country club hills" has gotta have money!

Do you have a vid for us? Equipment choice and graphics package all look great. Although it looks a tad awkward to me (I guess b/c I'm used to seeing lights either mounted on the lower crossbar of the PB or a pair of lightheads recessed within the upper crossbar of the PB), I like how the forward-facing latitude is positioned at a height more noticeable than lights mounted in the lower grill area

billchase

Sep 7, 2012
tinley park
ill get a vid up on monday.....they just orderd 2....but the but the chief saw it and said he want 6 more just like it....and to change the first one over to look like like it.....and after an open house with it got 5 more clients....not to bad for just starting this part of the biz in june when i joined the team. the were just maintance on trucks and squads

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.