New Company: Feniex

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I think there was a brief discussion about them on the old board. Nothing of detail, since there wasn't anything more to their website than there is now. Gotta wait & see.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I could almost swear we are already halfway through Summer 2010...?

Wonder when STL... I mean.. Feniex will actually release?

rsq196

Jun 3, 2010
New Hampshire, USA
Thanks for the info! The link to the old thread was quite interesting. Can't wait to see what is going to come of all this. I would assume their big release will be after Firehouse Expo at the end of July as they are listed as an exhibitor. Anybody going to the show this year? Maybe we can get some early pics and video from their display!

ibby

May 28, 2010
rsq196 said:
Thanks for the info! The link to the old thread was quite interesting. Can't wait to see what is going to come of all this. I would assume their big release will be after Firehouse Expo at the end of July as they are listed as an exhibitor. Anybody going to the show this year? Maybe we can get some early pics and video from their display!

+1, That archive thread was a very interesting read.

Found it very interesting the lengths people will go to investigate something. Not bashing at all, I like watching people get caught in the act!

Aside from all the political stuff with Feniex and STL, i am curious to see what "GEN 5" products they come out with. If they are people similar to STL, im sure the creativity is there (STL Eclipse), however im not sure if the product will be successful or not (Once again, STL Eclipse. I mean come one, they should have figured that many 3 watt takedowns would have washed out the rest of the lights).

I know ill be watching this company to see what they come out with....

and for the ELB drama ;)

Ibby

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I was actually considering purchasing an Eclipse until I did some research here. Ended up with an SOS Pinnacle interior bar.

The eclipse concept was great though - especially with that many takedowns!

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
I had emailed them and asked when they was going to "launch" there products since we are already half way thru the summer. Here is a copy of the reply they sent me.

Dear Mr. Zach Cagle,

Thank you for your interest in our company. You've been added to our mailing list, and you will now receive updates on our launch, such as product sneak peeks on our web site and video releases. We value your interest in our company, and we hope to impress you with our innovative product line.

Unfortunately, our product catalog will not be available until our launch this late summer. We will provide you with a catalog as soon as possible if you provide us with an address, and we'll e-mail you with updates as we progress. The reason for our current privacy is to guarantee the protection of our unique product line until we officially launch and to guarantee the initiation of all patents and the finalization of all certifications. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. However, we will provide detailed videos of each product on our site after our launch, and we will be showcasing our products at the Firehouse Central Expo and at CopsWest in California. We hope you will find our products to live up to your standards and beyond.

Again, thank you for your inquiry, and we hope you will enjoy our innovative brand with its release this summer. Have a great day.

Sincerely,?

The Staff at?

Feniex Industries, Inc.

Info@feniex.com

www.Feniex.com

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
late this summer,thought on the old board they said beginning of the summer or did they need the extra time to change the company name on all of the lights already made

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Mid-summer, late summer, they wouldn't be the first company who has had to push back a release date. It beats releasing a product before it's ready for prime time.

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
norcalbusa said:
Not to thread jack, but is that other newcomer still around- from South Africa IIRC, "Rotan" or similar? They had a boomerang shaped LED bar.

I have one of there bars in my f150. Bright :shock: I didnt think I was going to be happy with it until I got the bar and hooked it up. I wish I could find more of there stuff used to test out.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
just being a s/a.. once they hit the market and i start seeing some feedback i may buy a light or 2 to try them out.in the past i only used whelen products only until i got a good deal on a wacker tech 4 head bar.we will see when the time comes they may actually have some good stuff

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
i added myself to thier mailing list and got this form letter sent back to me:

Dear Mr. Rob Curley,

Thank you for joining our mailing list! You will now receive updates on our

launch, such as product sneak peeks on our web site and video releases. We value

your interest in our company, and we hope to impress you with our innovative

product line.

For more information,please feel free to e-mail us back with any questions.

Unfortunately though, we won't be able to release any detailed information about

our products until the summer.However, we will provide detailed videos of each

product on our site after our launch, and we will be showcasing our products at

the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore and at CopsWest in California. Again, thank

you, and we look forward to keeping you updated about the release of our

cutting-edge products. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

The Staff at

Feniex Industries, Inc.

Info@feniex.com

www.Feniex.com

i sent them this as a reply:

It's July which is technically the summer. what is the date you plan on releasing your products?

Dear Mr. Curley,

Thank you for your interest in our company. The official date will be

released with confirmation on the finalization of product certifications, which

take time on the part of another party. We are eager to launch our product line

and to release the launch date. As you are now part of our mailing list, we will

send you notifications via e-mail with updates. Again, thank you, and we look

forward to keeping you updated about the release of our cutting-edge products.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

The Staff at

Feniex Industries, Inc.

Info@feniex.com

www.Feniex.com

still shrouded in so much mystery. my ADD is kicking in and i am quickly losing interest .... whoa, squirrel!!!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I find it funny you sign up, and one paragraph states expect sneak peeks, etc...

Yet... the very next paragraph states...

We will be releasing videos and info after launch..

So... basically paragraph # 2 cancels what # 1 states..

Sigh.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
^^^^ Lol thats marketing for you!

And i can't wait for this to come out, hopefully its reasonably priced too!

ibby

May 28, 2010
Pursuit said:
They are going to release their product line in the summer, summer of 2013. ;)

Maybe thats what they meant by GEN5 LED's, they cant release their product until were actually at GEN5 LED technology :lol: :lol:

Im actually going to be pissed if after all this secrecy and bullshit, their products are CRAP (see "Eclipse")

guess well have to wait and see!

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
While I haven't heard or read anything new about Feniex, I did stumble across this bit of info while collecting part numbers for brackets on the Havis website: http://www.havis.com/catalog/Miscellaneous-752-1.html.

If you'll scroll down, you'll notice that there's two listings for Feniex products: one's for a control head identified as Feniex 7" Digital Touch H-30710; and the other one is a siren described as Feniex Olympian C-200. Unfortunately, clicking on each respective URL does not produce a picture.

I'm definitely curious about them now.

swat247

Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
On the old board, someone posted the google maps picture of their headquarters and speculated it was a UPS store. I was able to zoom in on the address and it is in fact, a UPS store....logo and all! Not sure if it's exactly that address or they own the one next to the UPS store. Google is wierd like that

harwood39

May 26, 2010
Fargo, ND
So is this the same company as STL or what?? Im curious and confused....

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
harwood39 said:
Im curious and confused....

Just like the rest of us...

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Kevin K. said:
While I haven't heard or read anything new about Feniex, I did stumble across this bit of info while collecting part numbers for brackets on the Havis website: http://www.havis.com/catalog/Miscellaneous-752-1.html.

If you'll scroll down, you'll notice that there's two listings for Feniex products: one's for a control head identified as Feniex 7" Digital Touch H-30710; and the other one is a siren described as Feniex Olympian C-200. Unfortunately, clicking on each respective URL does not produce a picture.

I'm definitely curious about them now.

Here is what you are probably wanting to see at the bottom of each link.

https://www.speedtechlights.com/product ... d=11&id=82

https://www.speedtechlights.com/product ... d=11&id=85

https://www.speedtechlights.com/product ... d=11&id=83

https://www.speedtechlights.com/product ... d=11&id=81

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
K9Vic said:

Before I posted my last message, I did check the Havis bracket listings for STL, and there are no identical part numbers shared with Feniex. You'll see elsewhere on the Havis website identical part numbers should one style fit multiple heads. I doubt it that Feniex requested Havis to provide them with unique part numbers in an attempt to avoid comparison with STL. It's possible, but not likely.

Also, isn't Feniex supposed to be showing products at the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore? Isn't that going on right now?

Wow... just checked out the web site... fancy!!

As mentioned before, how many ways can you build a lightbar, dash light, surface mount... etc? $1 bet says whatever they launch will look like something already on the market. Perhaps LASER is the next big thing?

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
SO Brite Lighting said:
Wow... just checked out the web site... fancy!!
As mentioned before, how many ways can you build a lightbar, dash light, surface mount... etc? $1 bet says whatever they launch will look like something already on the market. Perhaps LASER is the next big thing?

The only way you could make a laser into an emergency light, is to use some form of prism. And even then, it would not be effective. Also, the cost would be outrageous for anything but red.

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
Who says someone didn't buy STL and change the name... maybe they are comming out with a new product line with better products...

My mother use to say "don't judge a book by its cover" Feniex isin't even showing us the index yet ;)

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Yeah, I don't see why we're all getting our panties up in a bunch about this nonsense. Wait for them to get on the market, if they ever do, and then we can worry about it a shoot them down. It's almost as if we're part owners of Whelen, Federal, etc and we don't want to give them that chance of "unveiling" their products.

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
well it's Aug 1 and still no big unveiling. Summer is almost set. i don't have much faith in this company and and haven't even seen a piece of equipment yet. thier website sure is fancy looking though :lol:

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
ya the email i recieved said mid fall here it is

Dear Mr. Jon Shuman,

Thank you for joining our mailing list! You will now receive updates on our launch, such as product sneak peeks on our web site and video releases. We value your interest in our company, and we hope to impress you with our innovative product line.

For more information,please feel free to e-mail us back with any questions. Unfortunately though, we won't be able to release any detailed information about our products until mid fall.However, we will provide detailed videos of each product on our site after our launch, and we will be showcasing our products at the Firehouse Central in Dallas and at CopsWest in California. Again, thank you, and we look forward to keeping you updated about the release of our cutting-edge products. Have a great day.

Sincerely,?

The Staff at?

Feniex Industries, Inc.

Info@feniex.com

www.Feniex.com

:eek: :shock: mid fall what the hell is that hahahah

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
LED138 said:
Soooo, since its the 25th and the Expo is over, did anyone see these things?????

-Steve
Apparently not..

I am now pretty darn sure its STL attempting a piss poor re-marketing, hence all the bullshit coming forth. Whats with all the release date bull? Did anyone go to the expo as inquired above by Steve? If so, what was at the Fenix Booth? Did Fenix simply abandoan the booth since they were "not ready"?

Unfortunately though, we won't be able to release any detailed information about our products until mid fall.However, we will provide detailed videos of each product on our site after our launch, and we will be showcasing our products at the Firehouse Central in Dallas and at CopsWest in California.

... Is there even any of those shows mid fall this year? Even if there is, I suspect this will be their "standard thing" for a year- keep pushing the release date back, with no sneak peeks at all. (which is very stupid on their end)

If you are going to release a new product, release it when you originally say you are. I don't recall seeing Apple, IBM, Whelen, FedSig, etc pulling crap like this.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
unlisted said:
If you are going to release a new product, release it when you originally say you are. I don't recall seeing Apple, IBM, Whelen, FedSig, etc pulling crap like this.

The hell they don't, or the term "vaporware" would have never been coined. What's worse, pushing back a release date until the product is right, or meeting your own deadline and risk churning out chum? The newest I-Phone could have used a little more polishing. At least half the release of Windows have been steaming piles of customer dissatisfaction. Smart Vision water infiltration issues into the brains? Which company was it whose bars would randomly burst into flames? Look at the ENTIRE aircraft industry. They never meet release dates, and that's fine with me.

If the conspiracy actually exists, and this is STL trying to rebrand, and everything that STL makes is supposed to be crap, what's your rush? Could it be possible that if all that is true, they may actually be trying to improve?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.