NEW Feniex T-6 (discussion thread)

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
From another thread

John Hearne said:
Is it me or do the current, Ion based, Mirror beams for the current Dodge Charger suck? We've got our first install back with these and they are utterly unimpressive. I realize that they're competing with M6's and a full light bar but they don't project forward at all and only seem to disperse light in a very narrow beam. I don't know why Whelen abandoned the 500 series heads when they worked so well. If I hadn't already bought six set, I don't think I'd bother. Sound Off offers mirror grommets for Predators but they don't say what year. If they fit current Chargers, we may completely abandon Whelen for anything but siren/light controllers. This strikes me as another example of how there is no substitute for square inches when developing heads.

From an installer's perspective alone, the smaller the light head is, the easier it is to mount in more locations I'm sure, but I want to see warning power before I decide to buy one.

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just bought a python 600 a few weeks ago and it has the 4 led heads, but the new diffuser lens which is the same as the one there. It's significantly brighter than the original python heads with only the 4 led modules. I can imagine that these would be incredibly bright as well.

Are these not the heads used in the avatar bars?

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
NERT11 said:
I just bought a python 600 a few weeks ago and it has the 4 led heads, but the new diffuser lens which is the same as the one there. It's significantly brighter than the original python heads with only the 4 led modules. I can imagine that these would be incredibly bright as well.

Are these not the heads used in the avatar bars?

Looks like they are slightly modified

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
eng18ine said:
how much does that light go for?

They said the price would be about the same as the outgoing T-4 model ($50) but to be safe I would add on about $10 just because it's a new and improved product and it dosent make sense to keep the same price, maybe FENIEX can chime in?

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
scruffythewild said:
They said the price would be about the same as the outgoing T-4 model ($50) but to be safe I would add on about $10 just because it's a new and improved product and it dosent make sense to keep the same price, maybe FENIEX can chime in?

PM me if you have any questions for me to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Feniex said:
All is correct. I have sat down in a few sales meetings about a month ago and the word is we will be price matching the T6 to the T4. The engineering team asked "what...why!" and the sales guys replay "because!".

-Gary

That's awesome... Just wish the dealers had this info. Hopefully we will be getting sales information soon? We've been holding off customers that are chomping at the bit for these things.

fier23

Feb 26, 2012
Kansas City MO
Feniex said:
All is correct. I have sat down in a few sales meetings about a month ago and the word is we will be price matching the T6 to the T4. The engineering team asked "what...why!" and the sales guys replay "because!".

-Gary

Better fix that month long shipping time while your at it. I know I'm for one tired of losing customers over that. Having a great product is one thing, waiting a month only for them to go buy whelen or code3 who ship to you within a week is a whole other can of worms.......

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Perhaps one day they will actually REMOVE their discontinued products from their website. The fact that they are displaying the T-4 and shipping the T-6 is ludicrous. :rolleyes:

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
Feniex said:

-Gary

Yeah, I'm happy it is the same price but when will you guys release stuff to the website? People who don't know about ELB have no clue about any new products except that one pic on the homepage with no description. Any word on the COBRA bars?

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
scruffythewild said:
Yeah, I'm happy it is the same price but when will you guys release stuff to the website? People who don't know about ELB have no clue about any new products except that one pic on the homepage with no description. Any word on the COBRA bars?

PM me if you have any questions for me to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Just saw another dealer post a video of the new cobra dash light on YouTube. From a dealer's prospective, it's discouraging to see that some dealers are more well informed than others.

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
Feniex said:
That is a great questions. I know we are a small company but marketing is a different department and the only time Engineering and Marketing meet is when a new product needs sales approved. Ill pass this thread to the team so they can read what others are saying.

I think they are waiting for all marketing material to be ready.

-Gary

Ok, also, I've heard rumors about a new Fairy in the works as well?

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
tom said:
Just saw another dealer post a video of the new cobra dash light on YouTube. From a dealer's prospective, it's discouraging to see that some dealers are more well informed than others.

I agree. I know I am a new dealer but I found the rocker panel EX on another guys site for sale and I never was notified it went live. To hear there are dealers with product or selling it already and I have NO info at all is not sitting well. Love the product but come on. Maybe it's just my sales rep. Most times I know more than she does.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
scruffythewild said:
Ok, also, I've heard rumors about a new Fairy in the works as well?

The Cannon. 12 LED Dual color. Redesign to forward facing like the vertex. They got rid of the 60 deg platform. Not sure how I feel about it but it is what it is. I think there are some other features in the light also.

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
Kd8bao said:
The Cannon. 12 LED Dual color. Redesign to forward facing like the vertex. They got rid of the 60 deg platform. Not sure how I feel about it but it is what it is. I think there are some other features in the light also.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, they should consider doing something like what Strobes N' More did with the 35* Law's. I wish they had a section on their website for new products etc.. Like I said, I want to see the Cobra Bars and I also want to see if they come out with the Cobra 4X, not just the Cobra 2X, so many question's. Feniex- If their is one thing you guy's are good at it's keeping your new products secret. Lol.

My biggest frustration is the disconnect with engeneering and sales in the sense that there seems to be misinformation being given. If user Feniex is listening please PM me because I have a tech type question I am dying to get an answer to.

Thanks

Kent

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
scruffythewild said:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up, they should consider doing something like what Strobes N' More did with the 35* Law's. I wish they had a section on their website for new products etc.. Like I said, I want to see the Cobra Bars and I also want to see if they come out with the Cobra 4X, not just the Cobra 2X, so many question's. Feniex- If their is one thing you guy's are good at it's keeping your new products secret. Lol.

The new strobes and more are a nice feature but the fairy was awesome. Especially for surface mount. Have awesome 180* dome coverage. They filled the light housing great also. IMO they should have kept the fairy design and added the 4 additional LEDs to each face. Now if they make the new lights with an actual "optical" lense then that would help the side throw. But again my rep was not sure about anything. I was telling her things she didn't even know yet. I may try and get a different rep. Like whoever VecTec lighting uses. Haha

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Kd8bao said:
The new strobes and more are a nice feature but the fairy was awesome. Especially for surface mount. Have awesome 180* dome coverage. They filled the light housing great also. IMO they should have kept the fairy design and added the 4 additional LEDs to each face. Now if they make the new lights with an actual "optical" lense then that would help the side throw. But again my rep was not sure about anything. I was telling her things she didn't even know yet. I may try and get a different rep. Like whoever VecTec lighting uses. Haha

I have Louis, who is pretty knowledgable. However, after Feniex implemented MAP pricing, I notified him twice of a dealer who had the Pegasus listed well below MAP at $489. To this day the same dealer has it for the same price. Nothing has been done to enforce the pricing.

Don't get me wrong, they have great products and nice employees, but there are some things that still need working on. Just one dealer's opinion.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
NotNormalEnterprisesLLC said:
Probably same dealer that has multiple violations that I keep reporting. But I had one thing wrong due to a typo and I got phone calls.

Typos are not allowed nor acceptable. LIVES are on the line here. :thumbsup:

I just got $5k worth of this stuff in and got to see the T6 (Cobra) for the first time.

The head is approx. 5 3/8" wide, 1 1/16" high, and 3/4" deep... They are 3 wire heads (red, blue, black) and I only played with them for a sec but the blue wire to ground changes the pattern. The solid color light heads have a resistor I assume in line with the red wire and the split color (red/blue) do not have it. They split color module the wires are tightly twisted and the solids are not twisted at all. The black bezel is epoxied on and wont come off, I like that because they were kind of a pain sometimes on the t4 but it limits certain applications. I didnt go through all the patterns or anything like that, this was just a quick once over. Also there was no data sheet or instruction sheet with these at all, I am sure its because they are so new.

If anyone was wondering, they are bright!

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k436_mi2kga_Feniex_20T6_IMG_1467_zps88a7b8ac.jpg

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k436_mi2kga_Feniex_20T6_IMG_1466_zps5a78e285.jpg

I should have more info after I go back in after the holidays.

Thanks

Kent

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
kenton1979 said:
I just got $5k worth of this stuff in and got to see the T6 (Cobra) for the first time.

The head is approx. 5 3/8" wide, 1 1/16" high, and 3/4" deep... They are 3 wire heads (red, blue, black) and I only played with them for a sec but the blue wire to ground changes the pattern. The solid color light heads have a resistor I assume in line with the red wire and the split color (red/blue) do not have it. They split color module the wires are tightly twisted and the solids are not twisted at all. The black bezel is epoxied on and wont come off, I like that because they were kind of a pain sometimes on the t4 but it limits certain applications. I didnt go through all the patterns or anything like that, this was just a quick once over. Also there was no data sheet or instruction sheet with these at all, I am sure its because they are so new.

If anyone was wondering, they are bright!

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k436_mi2kga_Feniex_20T6_IMG_1467_zps88a7b8ac.jpg

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k436_mi2kga_Feniex_20T6_IMG_1466_zps5a78e285.jpg

I should have more info after I go back in after the holidays.

Thanks

Kent

Thanks for the info, Kent. Does the blue wire double as a sync wire and pattern select, or do these not sync?

Tom

I haven't played with them that much. I assume it does, if not these are no good to me. I don't really know how many patterns there are. I hope to mess with it more on the 26th when I go back to work.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
What is it with Feniex? They are trying to push this thing, yet they still have the T4 on their site, and no mention of this anywhere. How are dealers supposed to sell it?

:hissyfit:

I'm NOT a dealer

Jman423 said:
What is it with Feniex? They are trying to push this thing, yet they still have the T4 on their site, and no mention of this anywhere. How are dealers supposed to sell it?

:hissyfit:

I'm NOT a dealer

I don't understand some of the things they do myself. I am not sure if it's growing pains or just mismanagement. I have said before that the sales people and the engineers don't talk but when I ask my rep a question about the website that's a different division.

After thinking about these lights I kinda wish they would keep the T4 and just upgrade the flash driver. They could have a more diverse lineup I am concerned that the t6 will limit mount locations due to size. Same deal with the fairy, why not keep it in the lineup? Maybe there is a reason but unless they tell us why I don't understand.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
You know, there's no excuse for this bullshit. I highly doubt that they have all of these departments. It takes seconds to remove a discontinued product from a website. These people have about 60 products total, so there is really nothing for all these marketing and sales people to do. I have a hunch that the T-6 is already a failure or having issues (see Olyimpian) and they are trying to figure out what to do now. Maybe the sales people can't speak Chinese. Just sayin...

They are creating a PR catastrophe and bringing about more questions in regards to their product.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
badge22 said:
You know, there's no excuse for this bullshit. I highly doubt that they have all of these departments. It takes seconds to remove a discontinued product from a website. These people have about 60 products total, so there is really nothing for all these marketing and sales people to do. I have a hunch that the T-6 is already a failure or having issues (see Olyimpian) and they are trying to figure out what to do now. Maybe the sales people can't speak Chinese. Just sayin...

They are creating a PR catastrophe and bringing about more questions in regards to their product.

The ISSUE lies in the fact that they are still selling some T-4's. A few dealers have said they are not selling the T-4 when they are selling the remainder of what they have PRIOR to the release of the T-6. Yes, the T-4 is discontinued, however; they still have stock they are going to move.

They are not going to release the full T-6 line-up until that stock is gone I'm assuming.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
FEVER said:
The ISSUE lies in the fact that they are still selling some T-4's. A few dealers have said they are not selling the T-4 when they are selling the remainder of what they have PRIOR to the release of the T-6. Yes, the T-4 is discontinued, however; they still have stock they are going to move.

They are not going to release the full T-6 line-up until that stock is gone I'm assuming.

When I asked about the T4. I was told basically they were out of stock. I asked why they were not keeping the T4 and fairy and they said " they would be to close to each others price to bother keeping both" I don't buy it. I had a light quoted to me python 2x to the new cobra 2x and it was almost $50 more. That is not the nominal price change they were talking like. IMHO. If anything. Keep whole lineup and add to it. Update older stuff. I asked about documents and how some people are selling prior to document release. They said the dealers are winging it off what they know already about products.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Kd8bao said:
When I asked about the T4. I was told basically they were out of stock. I asked why they were not keeping the T4 and fairy and they said " they would be to close to each others price to bother keeping both" I don't buy it. I had a light quoted to me python 2x to the new cobra 2x and it was almost $50 more. That is not the nominal price change they were talking like. IMHO. If anything. Keep whole lineup and add to it. Update older stuff. I asked about documents and how some people are selling prior to document release. They said the dealers are winging it off what they know already about products.

Sounds like BS to me.....

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Kd8bao said:
I asked about documents and how some people are selling prior to document release. They said the dealers are winging it off what they know already about products.

Which is nothing. Had I not called and asked why the option for red/clear T4s had been removed from the site, I would not have known about any new lights. Same with the new rocker lights (which I still don't have dealer pricing on).

The only thing I can think of is that they don't have enough in stock yet. Either way, in my opinion the dealers should be notified when a new product is being developed so they can begin to promote the new products and at the very least be somewhat informed.

Between the lack of information on new products, not being told when something is out of stock/has a lead time, etc, I'm beginning to get very aggravated. Communication has to improve.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firefighter5316

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.