New Lenses for Mini-Max-Beam Strobes

TYPeterQ

Feb 10, 2022
Upstate NY
Hello All,

I recently acquired a set of mini max beam strobes and was wondering of the Whelen 700 series lenses would work to replace them.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mini Max Beam.png
    Mini Max Beam.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hello All,

I recently acquired a set of mini max beam strobes and was wondering of the Whelen 700 series lenses would work to replace them.

Thanks
Yes, they fit although the intended lenses spread the light better IMHO. You could use the fluted halogen style ones I suppose. Also be careful about getting ones with good gaskets, they matter because the 700s have slightly different condensation dissipation design (hole in the lighthead vs slit in lens which changed over the years too). I replaced the red/white max / side beam strobes on a rescue with solid red 700 halogen lenses and it worked fine and got rid of the white to the rear.

TYPeterQ

Feb 10, 2022
Upstate NY
Yes, they fit although the intended lenses spread the light better IMHO. You could use the fluted halogen style ones I suppose. Also be careful about getting ones with good gaskets, they matter because the 700s have slightly different condensation dissipation design (hole in the lighthead vs slit in lens (this changed over the years too). I replaced the red/white max / side beam strobes on a rescue with solid red 700 halogen lenses and it worked fine and got rid of the white to the rear.
Awesome, thanks for the info John!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.