No Cut HLF Install

DarkHelmet

Jul 21, 2011
Boise, ID
I hate cutting factory wiring. Period. So when I install a Headlight Flasher in my vehicles I have the folks at Innovative Wiring whip me up a simple splice plug.

They built me a male to female headlight splice that has a male H4 bulb connector on one end that mimics the back of the bulb and plugs into my factory headlight plug, and a female plug on the other end the connects to the bulb in its housing. The ground and low beam connectors are wired together and then I have them leave me a 4" pig tail coming off each side of the high beam connector that I splice into my headlight flasher.

If I ever want to switch back to the factory wiring, or if the flasher ever goes bad and I need to bypass it I just unplug the splice and plug the factory connector back into the bulb.

I've had them in place on my Tacoma for 4 years now without issue. I've even driven through creeks with water over my hood and no problems.

Innovative Wiring - Headlight Parts

- DH

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
So are you saying they will make these for anybody? Or you just telling us about what you have. Seems like a good idea though as I hate cutting factory wiring as well! :)

DarkHelmet

Jul 21, 2011
Boise, ID
Mrlunchbox said:
So are you saying they will make these for anybody? Or you just telling us about what you have. Seems like a good idea though as I hate cutting factory wiring as well! :)

Yeah, they will make them custom for you, or you can buy the male/female side with pigtails and just butt splice/solder the low beam and ground together and use the pigtails from the high beam prong to your HLF unit. Super easy.

Just figure out which bulb style you have and socket that you need and determine which prong on the bulb is the high beam +. I found that info on the internet for my truck.

I'll try to get a picture of it installed in my truck tonight.

- DH

DarkHelmet

Jul 21, 2011
Boise, ID
SlickTop Solutions said:
Very interesting, tell us more...

Price? Warranty? Quality?

I'm always looking for products that make installations easier.

Price - I dunno. Not spendy.

Warranty - Haven't had to find out yet. I've had them installed on my truck for about 4 years and I've been down MILES of washboard dusty roads. Through water that was up over my hood crossing creeks. If they ever go dead it would be a simple and cheap replacement.

Quality - As good or better quality than the factory connectors.

- DH

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
i recently ordered a pair for my 2011 charger, was like $32 shipped, will let you know how it works out when i get them.

the guy also responds very quickly to emails and was very helpful when i first emailed him with what i needed, since i dont know what these are called but explained to him that im looking to add wig wags w/o cutting the factory wires, he understood right away

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
DarkHelmet said:
Price - I dunno. Not spendy.

Warranty - Haven't had to find out yet. I've had them installed on my truck for about 4 years and I've been down MILES of washboard dusty roads. Through water that was up over my hood crossing creeks. If they ever go dead it would be a simple and cheap replacement.

Quality - As good or better quality than the factory connectors.

- DH

Thanks.

Looks like I will order a set to try out on my truck as well.

citypolice

Aug 17, 2011
NCR (VA, MD, DC) USA
darkhanger18 said:
Automotive Connectors

about 1/4 of the way down the page(mostly blue in color) I've ordered and used these with great success, both for HLF applications, as well as aftermarket HID kits.

I would second the link here. Very inexpensive and you can specify ceramic instead of plastic if you want. I bought two splices for the 2011 Tahoe for less than $10 and they ship within a day.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.