North American SIgnal "vintage" bar on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Unless the pictures are horribly deceiving, the width of that mounting bracket seems to fit a golf cart. I'm not an expert on bars such as this (or much else HA!) but I do notice 2 after market welds in the center of the bar, one directly one each side of true center. Seems like a homemade "chop project". Have no idea if value or desirability would be affected, just my .02.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
That bar has been on  ebay for a very long time now becuase of it's very steep price and no shipping.  That bar is still available new today and for much cheaper!

Those are not aftermarket welds, those are just dirty spots from where the speaker was mounted at one time.

This is a factory built bar not a chop shop. This particular bar set up was used by Cook County Illinois. The bar is short width because it was mounted on small cars such as Ford Fairmonts.

MODEL # CC - SB ="Cook County- Small Bar"

2015-04-16 13.09.16.png

$_57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
WOW!!! Thanks for the info!! And the pictures were certainly deceiving to me as those domes are MUCH larger than I expected. Thanks for the clarification Jenny!

Reactions: JennyCop

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
That bar has been on the bay for a very long time now becuase of it's very steep price. That bar is still available new today and for much cheaper!

Those are not aftermarket welds, those are just dirty spots from where the speaker was mounted at one time.

This is a factory built bar not a chop shop. This particular bar was used by Cook County Illinois.  The bar is short because it was mounted on small cars such as Ford Fairmonts.

MODEL # CC - SB ="Cook County- Small 
Thanks for the pics and info, Jenny! That's pretty cool. 

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I certainly apologize if I opened my mouth too soon and fed someone undue negative information.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
You can't order that model number "CC- SB " anymore and the parts are no longer listed in thier catologs or website...... but the parts are available from Northern American Signal upon request by telephone.

I do not have the part numbers for the can lights,beacons or bar but you can call their toll-free number 1-877-246-6274.  Ask about the double faced can flashers and the receptionist will get you in touch with whoever handles that stuff and the rest goes from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: acklover

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
Several towns in northern Illinois used this bar way back when. One police chief told me he called and said I want to order six cook county bars. That's what the bar was known as.

Here's one from Bradley IL

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
This is what I was trying to add earlier from the cell phone. Not a good signal inside the film studio. 

Or this from Copcar.com

You can't order that model number "CC- SB " anymore and the parts are no longer listed in thier catologs or website...... but the parts are available from Northern American Signal upon request by telephone.

I do not have the part numbers for the can lights,beacons or bar but you can call their toll-free number 1-877-246-6274.  Ask about the double faced can flashers and the receptionist will get you in touch with whoever handles that stuff and the rest goes from there.

North American Signal 400X beacon. Four par-36 bulbs, over $300 new for one beacon. Used ones are out there, you just have to dig a little.

nasignal.jpg

ccspd.jpg

Reactions: acklover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.