nypd lp6000

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
IIRC, NYC*EMS used them with center speakers in the late 80s into the early 90s on their 'Patrol Supervisor' and Paramedic 'PRU' GMC Jimmys and possibly their sedans too.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
configurations or some pics maybe???? :)

CHIEFOPS said:
IIRC, NYC*EMS used them with center speakers in the late 80s into the early 90s on their 'Patrol Supervisor' and Paramedic 'PRU' GMC Jimmys and possibly their sedans too.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
As I recall, clear domes, 4 clear rotators, red filters surounding the rotators with a front and rear center cutout the size of a quarter in each red filter.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I can't find any pics of those vehicles with this specific bar, so either I'm completely wrong (I don't think so), or pics with that bar are just rare to non-existant.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
CHIEFOPS said:
As I recall, clear domes, 4 clear rotators, red filters surounding the rotators with a front and rear center cutout the size of a quarter in each red filter.

That sounds like Code 3's bullseye cutouts (often used for their smaller takedowns, as I recall).

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
I believe you're thinking of the Code 3 XL5000 bars used by NYC EMS on Blazers & sedans, before they merged with FDNY. They were clear domes with red filters on the open reflectors. Even earlier than that were sealed beam Code 3's on the ambulances, they had the funny offset-3 lamps per rotator.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
ok hope it will work but if maybe you guys have some more finding pics post it and meanwhile i will try to find some more of them.

it is really funny how nypd used lp6000 very rare.........they can be very very bright.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
NPS Ranger said:
I believe you're thinking of the Code 3 XL5000 bars used by NYC EMS on Blazers & sedans, before they merged with FDNY. They were clear domes with red filters on the open reflectors. Even earlier than that were sealed beam Code 3's on the ambulances, they had the funny offset-3 lamps per rotator.

They were Jimmys, and you may be right on the lightbar model, but for some reason I have the image of the LP6000 in my head, there may have been a limited time they used them, I just don't remember.

As for the NYPD, they were never standard, there may have been a project bar or so, but that's it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.