NYRRT...ummm what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF62

Sep 7, 2011
NY
FireGuru said:
Special because these guys care!! And they are available to help!! Any time ... any where, and will bust their butts to come save yours when shit hits the fan. When they get the "ya'll come" bell.... the lights and sirens start flying.

So many people on here judge-mental about who has what, why..... and it's a shame that you guys that do this single these types of organizations out! You would be amazed at what these guys are capable and competent at doing.

These guys are volunteers!! And I wish we could get back to it more. Because these are the people I can count on that will truly care about what is going on when they show up and not just a job.

So may the pretty flashy flashies fly their colors and the woo-woos sound that they are coming!!

View attachment 15656

How can you say that they will come save my but when shit hits the fan when they do not have proper PPE? They have no SCBAs to enter a IDLH environment or tools to properly drag my ass out! The gear that they are using is more then likely USAR rated and not certified to enter a fire building. I have seen them on fire scene...they stand there with radios and stare and take pictures just like me! I wonder what happens if they get into a car accident responding? Who is liable since they look like povs? The city since they are legit? I am shit sure that NYC in the financial state it is currently in would not support a bunch of whackers running around!

FF62

Sep 7, 2011
NY
911 said:
if you look on there facebook page there is a pic that shows a NYRRT light tower being used by FDNY !!!

Yet OEM, NYPD, and DOT? I am sure they responded...dropped off the Light tower and went to watch the fire, like many other buffs.

FDNY 10-75

May 24, 2010
NY
Looks like a bunch of illegitimate whackers trying to impersonate the original NYRRT-1 which is now NYTF-2 (Natl USAR Team). What a joke.

They disgust me as much as the FFFF decal.

36TruckK

Jul 16, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
Amen Eli!

There are pics of them cutting up trees recently...that is the JOB of DPW....never heard of anyone VOLUNTEERING at DPW....

These guys are SCABS, WACKERS, and a blemish on the ass of Emergency Services in NYC!

NYC residents pay good money for the PROFESSIONAL services provided by the NYPD, FDNY, and DPW...

I am a lifelong vollie - entering my 22nd year....but I do not support, nor condone ANY vollies in a UNION TOWN!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
36TruckK said:
I am a lifelong vollie - entering my 22nd year....but I do not support, nor condone ANY vollies in a UNION TOWN!

I take it you have never ever heard of a composite fire department?

(And I am not for or against the people discussed in this thread- Just have that simple question for some silly members..)

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Composite fire dept= Paid, full time union staff (and/or part time), and on call (vollie) firefighters- all in the same township/area- serving under the same fire dept name.

tcfd126

Jul 7, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Your composite fd's are our Combonation depts in the US (combination of paid and volunteers/paid on call)....

Looks like these guys are helping the cause more or less like an independant, non-affiliated search team/emergency management resource but still see NO! reason whatsoever that red lights and sirens are needed to respond for trees down or to assist FDNY on a fire. Amber lights I could see but they do not at all seem like they need emergency warning equipment to get to the scene. But I do not disagree with what they do, if they want to vollie up their time, by all means go ahead!!!

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
May I make a suggestion...

For those of you that have heartburn with any organization (not just this one) using L&S that you think shouldn't be, why don't you file a complaint with the appropriate authorities with the appropriate information (Facebook page for instance) and stop your damn bitching.

just my .02 worth.

Truck26

May 21, 2010
NYC
I spoke to a friend today who is in the know. He stated they are Legit and have authority through NYC OEM.

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
Truck26 said:
I spoke to a friend today who is in the know. He stated they are Legit and have authority through NYC OEM.

I didn't know that NYC OEM had the authority to overrule the NYS V&TL. Also, if they are so legit, why do they have a section of Facebook pictures entitled "New Equipment" consisting of old firetrucks with the department names photoshopped out.

Truck26 said:
Legit-NYC issued credentials.

I think the question everyone is asking is WHY did they get the credentials. Is it because they are a properly trained and certified team that would be an asset rather than a hinderance, or because they greased the right pockets.

May 22, 2010
New York City
nyc is its own world............. they make there own rules........dont like it, tough !!!!! others tried to change it, and guess what, nothing !!!!!!!!

more power to them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
vc859 said:
" why do they have a section of Facebook pictures entitled "New Equipment" consisting of old firetrucks with the department names photoshopped out."

"I think the question everyone is asking is WHY did they get the credentials. Is it because they are a properly trained and certified team that would be an asset rather than a hinderance, or because they greased the right pockets.
I would guess since they have it listed as "new equipment" that it still shows the old owners dept. name on the trucks

They must have some deep pockets to buy that much equipment even used.

FF62

Sep 7, 2011
NY
Hoser said:
I would guess since they have it listed as "new equipment" that it still shows the old owners dept. name on the trucks
They must have some deep pockets to buy that much equipment even used.

Whats funny though is that in that picture, the only thing that they have is the Light Tower...They don't have the engines or the brush trucks, shit they dont have that Tanker too...why would you need a tanker in NYC.

If OEM certified them, I am sure that they the maximum certification they got is as a CERT team, WHICH MEANS THEY CAN NOT RESPOND!!! Also if they are certified by NYC OEM, what gives them the right to respond into Nassau County and operate there as some of the pictures on there Facebook page suggests... :bonk:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
FF62 said:
Whats funny though is that in that picture, the only thing that they have is the Light Tower...They don't have the engines or the brush trucks, shit they dont have that Tanker too...why would you need a tanker in NYC.

If OEM certified them, I am sure that they the maximum certification they got is as a CERT team, WHICH MEANS THEY CAN NOT RESPOND!!! Also if they are certified by NYC OEM, what gives them the right to respond into Nassau County and operate there as some of the pictures on there Facebook page suggests... :bonk:

Perhaps they're a Multi-Jurisdictional Zombie Apocolypse Emergency Response Urban Search & Tactical Rescue Elite Squad Department (MJZAERUSTRESD for short)?

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Im just throwing this out there, maybe the vehicles are leased to the department by the members of the organization which allows the members the red lights and sirens because the vehicle is under the department. And the department however they got the authority to use red lights put them on the trucks. If that makes any sense

FF62

Sep 7, 2011
NY
sbparkcop said:
Perhaps they're a Multi-Jurisdictional Zombie Apocolypse Emergency Response Urban Search & Tactical Rescue Elite Squad Department (MJZAERUSTRESD for short)?

I UNDERSTAND NOW! Since they are a Multi-Jurisdictional Zombie Apocolypse Emergency Response Urban Search & Tactical Rescue Elite Squad Department (MJZAERUSTRESD) they are legit. Thanks for clarifying :haha: :thumbsup:

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
sbparkcop said:

I think you forgot to mention Alien Abduction Annuler (AAA) and The End of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAKI) somewhere in it

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ipuvaepe said:
I think you forgot to mention Alien Abduction Annuler (AAA) and The End of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAKI) somewhere in it

would it just be easier to say we are the alphabet soup dept?

MJZAERUSTREEOTWAKIAAASD

almost looks arabic in nature:eek:

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Respondcode3 said:
Some people you dont want to donate their time. They are just into it for the whacktastic benefits.

Take it from a retired Chief officer, they don't stay long!! At least on my department they didn't.

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
FEltjaked said:
I believe their recognized but I don't think they are firefighters. They look to be something like USAR but not exactly. Maybe something comparable to Fire police? They helped out during the hurricane it looks like and the city def needed help so good. Just saying maybe use blue lights instead of L&S because thats a huge liability but whatever floats their boat! Good luck to them...

I am not sure about the NY team, but our Ohio teams are. And each of them have different specialties. Makes for an awesome resource when you call upon them.

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
sbparkcop said:

:goodpost:

ZOMBIE TACTICAL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Since I don't live in NYC this doesn't affect me, but I do understand the concern, especially if this group is not fully official and well trained. Instead of debating back and forth, why don't you members in NYC or around there make an official inquiry through your department (FDNY or NYPD) or the state agency that oversees lights and siren usage. That could bring closure to this and real understanding. My own opinion is that if they are well trained, capable, and cerified as emergency responders, they may be a real asset. If on the other hand, they are a group of yahoos who could not get positions as professional or volunteer fire fighters, EMTs, etc., then they shouldn't have any emergency response resources, and they should be treated as what they are.

May 22, 2010
New York City
i worked with them once in 2007 at a FDNY fire scene, they provided some rehab like hot chocolate,gatorade,heat packs......

they were allowed past the fire scene tape and did not interfere with fire operations.......

now like i said i know one of the founders.......from what i have found out they are state wide.........

remember nyc and the surrounding area is political !!!!!! its who you know !

NHFD104

May 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
If you search google images for "nyrrt" and for "hatzalah", many of the same web pages come up. The two organizations appear to be of the same composition and appear to participate in the same activities. Most often, if there is an MVA in certain parts of the city (Flatbush), there is a response from both agencies. My guess is, NYRRT is licensed under Hatzalah's permit which allows them to run lights and siren.

Just a guess...

Truck26

May 21, 2010
NYC
NHFD104 said:
If you search google images for "nyrrt" and for "hatzalah", many of the same web pages come up. The two organizations appear to be of the same composition and appear to participate in the same activities. Most often, if there is an MVA in certain parts of the city (Flatbush), there is a response from both agencies. My guess is, NYRRT is licensed under Hatzalah's permit which allows them to run lights and siren.

Just a guess...

They have ZERO affiliation which each other.

The reason why they are both showing up in the search is bec the pics were taken by NYRRT

NH3520

Aug 18, 2011
U.S.A., New Hampshire
36TruckK said:
Are these accredited HEROS assisting up north in the disaster areas along the Susquehana River? Or are they leaving that to us REAL emergency responders?

Why do these guys frost your nuts so bad? They aren't in your area stealing your work... Why the angst? And who wouldn't like a free pass to work along side the biggest FD in the Nation? I'd gladly do it, just saying.

36TruckK

Jul 16, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
My problem is these YAHOOS who do work "alongside the biggest and best fire department in the world", is that they don't need the help...(the CITY that is....)

They HAVE firemen who fight fires...they HAVE policemen who direct traffic...They HAVE DPW who cuts trees...these services ARE PROVIDED...if they need more help, they call mnore help...more professional help.

By these guys "working" for free, in an area where people are PAID to provide these services, where it is their JOB, their LIVELIHOOD...where they are TRAINED and expected to do their JOBS...is plain WRONG. GTFO!

USAFK9

Jun 5, 2010
NY
+1 eli

FDNY 10-75 said:
Looks like a bunch of illegitimate whackers trying to impersonate the original NYRRT-1 which is now NYTF-2 (Natl USAR Team). What a joke.

They disgust me as much as the FFFF decal.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
36TruckK said:
My problem is these YAHOOS who do work "alongside the biggest and best fire department in the world", is that they don't need the help...(the CITY that is....)

They HAVE firemen who fight fires...they HAVE policemen who direct traffic...They HAVE DPW who cuts trees...these services ARE PROVIDED...if they need more help, they call mnore help...more professional help.

By these guys "working" for free, in an area where people are PAID to provide these services, where it is their JOB, their LIVELIHOOD...where they are TRAINED and expected to do their JOBS...is plain WRONG. GTFO!

So what you're saying is that if all hell breaks loose in your neck of the state and the paid services are overwhelmed. Even if volunteer groups and called to lend a hand to ease the load, you would tell them to get the fuck out? You wouldn't work with them? You would rather let the taxpayers of your community that pay your salary, wait days for you and your group to get to them, when a volunteer group could be able to at least clear a path for you to be able to help them?

Nice......

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
SlickTop Solutions said:
So what you're saying is that if all hell breaks loose in your neck of the state and the paid services are overwhelmed. Even if volunteer groups and called to lend a hand to ease the load, you would tell them to get the fuck out? You wouldn't work with them? You would rather let the taxpayers of your community that pay your salary, wait days for you and your group to get to them, when a volunteer group could be able to at least clear a path for you to be able to help them?

Nice......

If something happens in the city to the point that FDNY resources are completely overwhelmed, neighboring departments are called in to backfill their houses. REAL fire departments from Long Island, etc.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
C420sailor said:
If something happens in the city to the point that FDNY resources are completely overwhelmed, neighboring departments are called in to backfill their houses. REAL fire departments from Long Island, etc.

Let's be clear here, no where was it ever stated that these guys take the place of FDNY, so let's stick to the appararent fact from pictures and other info that they serve on a CERT/DPW level. What does NYC do when their DPW is overwhelmed by a major incident/disaster?

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
from what i have seen , they go lights and sirens to "buff" jobs , at scene of mva they stand around taking pictures, and the same at fire scenes, i dont know what their real purpose is, but i have seen them around and never knew what their actual affiliation is to any emergency services dept.....

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
911 said:
nyc is its own world............. they make there own rules........dont like it, tough !!!!! others tried to change it, and guess what, nothing !!!!!!!!

more power to them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly

i do belive there is also a group like this in boston but they are more of a canteen.

this is another reason why nyc everything

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
What a bunch of whining, bitching cry baby's!!! :sadcry: :sadcry:

Who cares if they can run red lights and sirens and you cant. sounds like you are JEALOUS!!! I live in a Red Light and Siren state, I have them on my POV, am i now going to have to listen to people bitching because i have them and you cant??? whether you are paid or volunteer, we all breath the same smoke, spray the same water, extricate with the same tools. My volunteer IV's hit the same veins as when i am getting paid for it!!!

I am lucky enough to have a paid position and i am thankful for that. i am able to pay my bills doing something i love. I am also a volunteer, even if our union leaders don't like us volunteering.

when the shit hits the fan i dont care if the guy next to me is paid or volunteer, as long as he is there!!!

If the team is legit and the brass of FDNY have a use for them then it sounds like you have two choices.....

1. sit back and bitch because you are somehow given the short end of the stick and your feelings are hurt!!!

2. be thankful that a team of volunteers are taking the time out of there day to support there local emergency services any way they can.

High school is long gone for most of us, dont you think it is about time that everybody started to act like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big JW

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.