Price for Federal Signal Teardrop Fireball FB1

Fruslore

Dec 10, 2023
Germany, Düsseldorf
Hi everyone,

what would be a good price to buy for a Price for Federal Signal Teardrop Fireball FB1? Bhflasher.com and lightbarparts.com are selling one for 380-390$, in dcaptain.com he listed one for only 145$… is 380 still “normal”? Problem with dcaptain is that I never ever get a reply from him so I can’t probably even buy it… but still wondering what is a reasonable price for that teardrop! Thanks in advance :)

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I see them advertised at $300-$400, but the question is do they sell for $300-$400? For me, the answer would be a hard "no". These days, I'd say somewhere around $100-$150 used, depending upon condition, would be reasonable. If truly NIB, then $200 and maybe just a bit more.

Beware, there are scammers who will claim they have a NIB FB-1 and will post pictures, but payment will likely be through something like Zelle or even crypto-currency, no option for checks, credit card, or PayPal. Direct payments like Zelle and crypto have no tracking and no method of retracting payment due to fraud.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Thank you guy! A technical question: does the FB1 rotate clockwise or counterclockwise? I see both in YouTube Videos…
Excellent question and I do not have a definitive answer. The Beacon Ray series rotated clockwise until around 1963-64, when the 14 and 184 were introduced. About that time, the rotation was changed to counter-clockwise. Not sure why, but I think the Dietz 211, introduced around 1959, always rotated counter-clockwise and by the mid-1960's, Dietz was a major competitor to Federal's Beacon Ray line, hence the low profile, flat top 14 and 184.

I happen to have one of the first Model 14's, a Series A1, and it rotates clockwise, but all the Series A2 Model 14's I've seen rotate counter-clockwise. The Series A1 Model 14 also used the open frame motor of the Model 15.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.