Radio programming?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Motorola is kind of a different beast as in the cps software is not super user friendly and also you need an account to get the software *legally*.

Cable is pretty easy. I haven't had any trouble with generic com port ribless cables. Usb ones seem to have more diffulculties. If you've never programmed before I think I would pick up a cheap baofeng. If you brick that its not as expensive. Likewise on the software you have a highet chance of screwing something up and bricking the radio with the cps software.

But get the software and cable. Read your radio and save the copy. Then move on from there and write it back to the radio.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
As far as I know Mototola no longer supports the ht1000. Not too hard to program but if you haven't programmed before link up with someone whose familiar and does it regularly to learn the ropes. Preferably someone you can sit down with and watch. Remember... One wrong keystroke can screw up an entire radio.

If you need your ht1000 reprogrammed I can help. Pm me if you like.

Seth

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
As far as I know Mototola no longer supports the ht1000. Not too hard to program but if you haven't programmed before link up with someone whose familiar and does it regularly to learn the ropes. Preferably someone you can sit down with and watch. Remember... One wrong keystroke can screw up an entire radio.

If you need your ht1000 reprogrammed I can help. Pm me if you like.

Seth
Thanks. I have a guy that's one of my instructors that is going to program this one for me Wednesday or Thursday.

I'd just like to learn for future reference.

The 2nd HT1000 I have is a dead radio apparently. It won't come on after being on the charger with either one of my good batteries.

I'm going to take it to a shop where I go to class at and see if they'll repair it since they are a Motorola dealer/repar shop/ install shop.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
HT1000's dont use CPS. They use RSS that is DOS based and needs a slow computer to run properly. The software is out in the wild.  A RIB box and cable can be purchased for less than $50. Its not hard but for a first time user it can be difficult.

Reactions: toolman247

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
If you don't know what you're doing, your first radio may be just like the second due to an unintended mistake, a brick. 

Reactions: toolman247

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
If you don't know what you're doing, your first radio may be just like the second due to an unintended mistake, a brick.
Lol. That's what I intend to avoid. I dropped it off today for him to program so it should be done within a week. Also dropped the dead one off at the radio shop to see if they can work on it. Hope to get a call soon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.