Resolved - NVFD612, please contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
@NVFD612 - Dennis, more than twelve weeks have passed since you picked up the pair of MX7000 intersection filters from the Newport, Indiana, post office. Seven weeks have passed since your last message, in which you apologized, told me about your wife and her condition, and promised you would send payment on the first of May.

Please get in touch with me sooner than later!

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
@shues have you had contact with Dennis? I have yet to receive a response and it seems he has not been back online

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Thank you, sir!

Based on his username and the address where Dennis had me ship the filters, I took an educated guess. I just called the published telephone number of the Newport, Indiana, Volunteer Fire Department and left a voicemail message asking someone to have Dennis contact me. I hope this works.

Reactions: Cxp20338 and Tony P

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
A super nice fella from the fire department called me first thing this morning with some bad news. It seems that Dennis has not been a member there for several years.

I think I might try mailing a letter as my next step in attempting to make contact with @NVFD612.

Reactions: Tony P

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I received the return receipt postcard in the mail today. Dennis signed for the certified letter, which he collected from the Newport, Indiana, post office in person on Tuesday, October 10. In my letter, I implored him to call me and make arrangements. Sadly, I have not heard from Dennis as yet.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Dennis called today while I was at work and left a message apologizing and asking me to return his call. I just got off the phone with Dennis. He said that he will be sending payment either tomorrow or Friday at the latest and that he will call me once payment has been mailed.

Reactions: Tony P

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I received a text message from Dennis including a photo of a USPS Postal Money Order, made out me for payment in full, which Dennis agreed to send tomorrow via Certified Mail.

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
I received a text message from Dennis including a photo of a USPS Postal Money Order, made out me for payment in full, which Dennis agreed to send tomorrow via Certified Mail.

It's a shame that it has come to this where you have to literally be on top of someone to do the right thing. Hopefully you get what is due to you and can come back on here to say it's been resolved.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Among today's mail, I received payment in full. Dennis has made me whole.

Sending a Certified letter with Restricted Delivery turned out to be the best way to establish contact; I'm glad I went about it this way. Dennis was so kind as to reimburse me the cost of those additional postal services.

Thank you again to site staff for your continued support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.