School Bus Lights - Did I Do Well?

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
I found this well worn lot on eBay. It is said to be from a 1979 Chevy Bus. They are very well worn, but I still see potential in them. The lack of moving parts makes them so restorable. They wanted $77.26 shipped, but I got them to take an even $50 shipped. I've recently learned that to buy these one at a time can add up fast. I figure I'll clean them up as best as I can and, at worst, I'll need new lenses/filters for some. If they clean up nicely, I intend to put these in service. Did I do okay? :)
s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (11).jpg

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
Keep in mind, you can easily pay $20+ for each when they are in good shape. Also, I was looking for a lot of lights in this style so it works for me. :)

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
You saved better than a third of the price, so, yeah, I think you did alright and if it's what you're looking for, then you did pretty good.

Reactions: FCV96

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Some of those lights were used on older ambulance boxes. Weldon made some with Blue and Green lenses but are harder to find. I have a pair with a old mechanical flasher in my display. Like older school lights.

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
Some of those lights were used on older ambulance boxes...
Yeah that's what I'm shooting for. I bought a van last week and I figured some huge red flashing Weldon lights on the sides and back would work well. I am just prohibited from throwing red forward so the front is gonna have something else in blue.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I've seen the red blinker lights mounted on the front of fire engines too.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I think you overpaid by about 45 dollars. I have a feeling there are members of this forum who would have been able to get you a great deal on better condition lights for a fraction of the price.

Reactions: tsquale and Tony P

Aaron W

Dec 3, 2014
Northern California
These lights both round and square were also often used on fire apparatus and other modular body vehicles for tail lights, back up lights, flood lights and turn signals in addition to low intensity flashing warning lights.

Reactions: Wolfie

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
For those that voted yay or nay, I am happy. I got the package and went through it all. I easily have enough to make the lot worth the $50, and I also got enough ratty stuff to provide many extra mounting plates and sockets. I plan on putting 5 of them into service ASAP on 2 vehicles. Keep in mind, I buy vintage stuff with the intention of using it on the road, not building a disco wall. Hey, nothing wrong with a disco wall, it just isn't my style.

Reactions: NVFD612

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.