Some old rigs by Skip Goulet

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Torpedo said:
I blew up pic, that's a C-6 siren Skip. And code enforcement would have a field day if I brought home that AlF aerial.

:hissyfit:

Thanks, Dennis. That original pic didn't allow the siren to look that big. That's even better. I've had C5Gs and a couple of C4s over the years, but never a C6. :( Code enforcement? What's that? You need to move out in the country like where I am and never worry about that sort of thing. I've only got two old Type II ambulances and my two Oldsmobile ambulances sitting in the drive. I've told you about the Frontline, but I also have an '84 Starline Chevy Type II, with only 42K actual miles.

Liberty703

Dec 11, 2012
Maine
I'll have to step up my old iron thread... shop pictures coming next! EngCo4, you've got a great collection! Need to talk shop sometime... wish I'd taken pics 8 years ago when I got into apparatus maintenance. The 50's & 60's stuff is fading away fast...

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Wailer said:
Are they pro-car ambos or are they modified Oldsmobile wagons?

Both of them are Cotner/Bevington Sevilles....the short-wheel-based coach-types: not much longer than a station wagon, but on a coach body. I used these types of ambulances for many years when I had my standby ambulance co. in Lubbock. We used the short Superior Consorts, the Oldsmobiles like those I have now and two short Buicks, one built by Flxible and the other by National. The Flxible was a '61 and the National a '67. We also had a '71 short Cotner/Bevington Olds. It was just a slight bit longer than the two I now have. And it would fly. Got clocked at 120 on an emergency transfer when my speedometer only showed 85.

Liberty703

Dec 11, 2012
Maine
Torpedo said:
Sporting a good old Q2B.
Nice old 500 series, be a shame to see it cut up. Didn't catch what vintage? Clearly an open top with the fiberglass add on roof. I s it a combo with mid-ship pump or just the small 250gpm pto pump?. ALF's built some of the smoothest operating aerials, with proper maintenance, that I've ever handled... And I've replace locks & rungs because guys don't know how to disengage the locks properly. We bought the last set of locks ALF had in stock about 6 years ago for a client.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Hi Liberty, I really have no info other than the pic. I am miles away (in sunny F L A) from Pennsylvania. A friend found it, I think it was from Saxonburg? I had no idea it was once an open top cab. I wish I knew more about its status but do not. Just old iron and rust, like me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.