Sound Off N-force duo color n-force.

Jun 26, 2010
Massachusetts
Does anyone know if I can use the dual color as a fog/driving light like the whelen interweaved fog lights? Just came into 2 pairs with white override and was hoping to use the white as a driving light. I don't want them to heat up or go into low power if they're steady burned for too long.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Does anyone know if I can use the dual color as a fog/driving light like the whelen interweaved fog lights? Just came into 2 pairs with white override and was hoping to use the white as a driving light. I don't want them to heat up or go into low power if they're steady burned for too long.

Thanks!
White can be used as a flood/steady burn on the nforce

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
My ? Is, is it for infinity on flood/steady burn? Can the white stay on for an unlimited amount of time with no issues?
In REALITY, how long are you expecting to have it on flood steady burn. Even some of the best flood lights will get warm if you have them on for "infinity." On the other hand, if you're using them for a typical call (ie FF POV parked on scene, LEO traffic stop) or even an extended call, then you'll definitely be fine

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Ive never had mine on for that long to really see a difference. I sometimes turn the white on with some of the dark roads around here for supplemental light but nothing for a long duration.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
The nforce are well designed lights. I'm sure they have a thermal cutoff to prevent damage to the light.

Will they stay at maximum intensity for hours on end? Depends on circumstances. Is it hot or cold outside? Is the light mounted to a metal bracket that acts as a large heatsink?

Running LEDs on steady burn will "use up" the life of the led. You can expect to get 50,000 hours or so. Less if the LEDs always run hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.