Strobe Ideas

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
Hello,

I have recently come into possession of eight strobe tubes, bulbs, wiring, and a flasher. I don't wan't to drill them into my headlights but I was wondering if they could be reused inside the car as a deck/dash light. Has anyone done something of this sort perhaps using a flashback shield from another light? Any ideas on how to reuse these would be great. Thanks!

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
They definitely can. I did an install for a customer (granted I used LEDs) using only existing off road lighting. There was 6 pilot 2x5 lights on the front and 4 PIAA 6in rounds on the back rack.

As far as deck and dashlights do. If you have the creative mind set you can easily fab up something cool using those pilot 2x5 lights, from a dual head dash light to a total rear lightbar. And as far as color goes. Lens color tint will do the trick.

These are the 5x2 lights I'm referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006309LG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1431395306&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=pilot+driving+lights

these are an even smaller version (2x3): http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HTWNOA/ref=pd_aw_sim_263_1?refRID=0BEJ981SF6ZEN8121EN2

Last edited by a moderator:

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
Wow thanks! I was thinking of maybe using lightbar housings but this is the same idea just might be a little easier to work with. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.