T.J.Hooker siren

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
hey everyone!

does someone have any information which motorola siren or non-motorola siren use in t.j.hooker series?

are there motorola switches seperated from siren or there all in one?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I watched a YouTube clip of the car and I didn't see any siren. All I saw was a Motorola Motrac radio control head.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
As it was explained to me, a specific Motorola radio (I want to say the Spectra) is able to be used as a siren, if the right parts are attached. I don't know if this is the system in question, but that might be it. The siren tones are awesome on it. I'll see if I can find a vid of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
EMT-BLS said:
As it was explained to me, a specific Motorola radio (I want to say the Spectra) is able to be used as a siren, if the right parts are attached. I don't know if this is the system in question, but that might be it. The siren tones are awesome on it. I'll see if I can find a vid of them.

Motorola Syntor X 9000 had them as well as some of the Motorola Micor's before them.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Some problems with the Spectra siren series. Most of these were speaker related, rather than operational tones.

The agency I retired from, State EMS office, and our Emergency Management Agency, had some Spectra radios with the added siren feature on the control head. We used only wail, yelp, and something like hyperyelp. We had considerable problem with the speakers, because the siren fed more than 100 watts into the speaker and blew the speaker driver, even when it was wired to the defaulted 100 watt level. The only 200 watt speaker Motorola provided for underhood mounting was the old angled cone. The Dodge Dynasty, GM and Ford Taurus cars we used provided no underhood space for mounting. Of course, any attempt to repair the siren meant the vehicle was out of service and tied up in the radio shop.

Our service center was using Federal Dynamax speakers at the time(when Federal was having some bad speakers). Most other emergency fleet vehicles (Tennessee Highway Patrol) used a PA 300 or later version Federal siren or a SVP 450 with the Dynamax. Switching to Whelen model 314 or switching to a Code 3 speaker, we still had problems with the Spectra sirens. Eventually, one of the systems was assigned to a car that didn't require a siren, and a separate PA 300 was employed on most of the other affected sirens.

Check to verify the speaker compatibility with the Spectra. You may need a 200 watt rated speaker to get the best performance and dependability

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
wow,the sirens sound are very similar to those in t.j.hooker series,but there was a different very older style control panel.

very soundable sirens.

upnorth896 said:
Motorola Syntor X 9000 had them as well as some of the Motorola Micor's before them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.