TD-WL36 Controller

JBM533

Mar 19, 2023
Sachse
I have a TD-WL36. Was there or IS there a controller specifically for selecting patterns and displaying said pattern on an LED indicator on the control head?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
They did make a switch box but they do not require anything special. Just 4 switches to create the different patterns. Not for sale, just reference.20230409_172847.jpg

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks! You don't have a schematic by chance, do you? Curious what the PN is on the box itself?
It is just basic switches, not any type of controller. The model number is on the box it is sitting on.

Not sure if you want something authentic or hoping to find a simple way to hook up your light. It just needs 4 switches to run it's patterns. Turning on different combinations of switches activates different patterns.

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
At a fast googling it appears that all of the TDWL series used the same wiring colors for the most part, so this manual photo from an older thread on here may be of use; https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/911ep-tdwl36-pattern-change-need-install-manual.51411/

It might also be good to reach out to someone about this thread; https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/911ep-documentation-technical-data-thread.75461/

Someone uploaded all of 911EP's technical docs after they went down it seems however they're all showing as missing attachments. Might just need fixed by a site dev/admin however there is a TDWL manual in that topic as well if they can fix it.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
You've come to the right place! Here are the PDFs that may help you:

Attachments

• 2002tdpatterns (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2002wlpatterns (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 5
  • TDWLinstructions (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    597.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WL_TD_56_wiring_old_style (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dave F

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Sorry, I just saw that you said TDWL36, the PDFs that I posted may not actually be helpful for your bar. The image in the thread that Synapt linked would be the correct file

JBM533

Mar 19, 2023
Sachse
I was really looking for a box with LEDS that would mimic the pattern that thee light bar is set to.
I need to figure out a simple way to get the four "traffic director" functions set with switches/wiring without scrolling through a bunch of patterns to get there.
Left Scroll/direction
Right scroll/direction
All Flash
All Steady Burn

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
I was really looking for a box with LEDS that would mimic the pattern that thee light bar is set to.
I need to figure out a simple way to get the four "traffic director" functions set with switches/wiring without scrolling through a bunch of patterns to get there.
Left Scroll/direction
Right scroll/direction
All Flash
All Steady Burn

As far as the documentation several of us linked shows how to configure the "Traffic Director" modes.

I would mainly recommend perhaps looking at the TDWLInstructions PDF linked by @tsquale, page 7 of the manual (page 8 of the PDF), the wiring schematics looks similar to other more basic detail pages of a TD/WL36, so there's a good chance the program board on it is the same as far as wire combinations go if your wire colors on your bar match up with what's in that manual.

Could you maybe link a photo of the end wire points of your light just to see what they might match up as to one of the manuals?

JBM533

Mar 19, 2023
Sachse
As far as the documentation several of us linked shows how to configure the "Traffic Director" modes.

I would mainly recommend perhaps looking at the TDWLInstructions PDF linked by @tsquale, page 7 of the manual (page 8 of the PDF), the wiring schematics looks similar to other more basic detail pages of a TD/WL36, so there's a good chance the program board on it is the same as far as wire combinations go if your wire colors on your bar match up with what's in that manual.

Could you maybe link a photo of the end wire points of your light just to see what they might match up as to one of the manuals?
Seems that I can't access the PDF mentioned above - "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Seems that I can't access the PDF mentioned above - "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
Check the PDF's in tsquale's reply, not my other reply. The PDF's in the one topic I posted apparently are all broke but he re-uploaded some of them in this comment above;

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.