The Best Police Vehicles thread

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Because there is not a 'most annoying police vehicle thread', I'll post this ghost car here. Grand Prairie also has a dark gray and dark blue ghost CVPI.

10-C2A2866C-835364-1280.jpg

10-1C7DF38D-597191-1280.jpg

GPPD marked fleet is 85% Tahoe, rest CVPI, and random pick ups, vans, and motors.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
What would your reaction be if they told you this was your patrol unit today?

Could you.jpg

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
JazzDad said:
What would your reaction be if they told you this was your patrol unit today?

View attachment 74190

"Dear officer, your department has now been privatized by JDI. New equipment, vehicles and uniforms will be phased in to reflect the new community partnership with JDI. Thank you for your cooperation in this new endeavor."

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
tsquale said:
View attachment 43967
WI State Patrol, couldn't get the other pics to upload properly.

Nice, Tony. Seeing all of those antennas reminds me of my old POV, a '63 Valiant. It was the light green like the old Border Patrol cars. I worked for a local radio station as News Director and used the car as our mobile news unit. So...I had twin 102" whip antennas on the back; single-faced red lights on the rear deck and single-faced amber and blue behind the grille.

Our station sat just outside of town and just south of I20. On Sunday afternoons we had Spanish programming. One Sunday afternoon I had to go out to the station to do a wrap-up on a breaking local story. Just as I drove up to the station, the back door suddenly flew open and all these guys started running across the cotton patch out back. I walked in and the Spanish-language announcer, Rogelio, was bent over from laughing so hard. So I ask him what's so funny, and he says, "Aw man, you scare all my buddies." "They saw your little green car and ran out the door hollering, "The Federales are coming!" Me? The Border Patrol? Damn!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.