THE MONSTER HAS ARRIVED.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
::UPDATE::
The monster bar arrived today and I am not disappointed! Okay, I'm a little disappointed that the endcaps got destroyed in shipping (go figure, I'll get new ones, see the last picture), but everything else is just as it should be. The 72 inch bar has 7 rotators with V-mirrors and nothing else. There's an open space on the driver's side where a V-mirror should be, but wasn't (refer to third and fourth pictures), and I'm guessing some sort of Opti-Com was mounted there. There is no wiring harness and no lenses, but the bar and the rotators themselves are entirely complete. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun putting this thing back together. It's on my couch for reference. This thing is gigantic.
PICTURES:
ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_3935_zpsllpk09pr.jpg
On the couch
ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_3941_zpse1gywguj.jpg
Passenger's side and center
ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_3938_zps1ojazdzl.jpgai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_3939_zpsclxpp1p7.jpg
Driver's side and the empty space with weird mounts
ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_3945_zps9ajzohd3.jpg
The original Whelen label and the hole where the wiring harness should be
ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_3943_zps3mcmngme.jpg
The destroyed endcaps. Broken the entire way through.
::OP::
I found this 72-inch AdvantEdge on *bay (while completely inebriated) and I low-balled the seller something fierce. And he accepted it! From what I can see, it's a 7-rotator bar that's complete minus the wiring and the lenses. It should be here early next week, at which point I'll tear it apart and make a list of stuff that it needs.

Last edited:

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Good god man, thats borderline ridiculous! Nice score brotha
For being inebriated you did well! When I'm beered up pushing the buy button comes waaaay too easy.
It is ridiculous, isn't it? Not quite sure where I'm going to put it, as there's barely enough room in my apartment for minibars, but at $200 shipped, there is no way that I COULDN'T buy it. The asking price was $400+shipping but I think the seller really just wanted it gone, as the offer I made was accepted within hours.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I had been eyeballing that one but ended up grabbing a 72" Aerohawk for pennies...which is good...because it needs domes...which are very expensive lol. Nice grab for sure on that one though.
I'm surprised you didn't jump on this one, Steve! It was a great deal but I'm probably looking at a good chunk of change for the parts this bar will need. I'm looking forward to seeing that AeroHawk though, those things are awesome.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.