The next thing to get "V'ed" by Whelen - The LINZ6V

razr777

Dec 3, 2013
NEW JERSEY
Interesting i think these would go good on the fenders of a plow truck and some of the video i have seen they are pretty intense light output. I wonder if they do steady burn mode i can't seem to find any info. if they do or not.

The angle and projection of the leds are very clear and give good direction of the light from what i have seen so far day and night.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Anyone selling the V-Series LINZ6 yet?? I want to sell my current LINZ6 and get a set of these!!!!!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
bluestinger90 said:
Terrible name. Linz6V was not taken.

How is this a terrible name? :confused: Why use a longer name/acronym?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Zapp Brannigan said:
Anyone selling the V-Series LINZ6 yet?? I want to sell my current LINZ6 and get a set of these!!!!!

Anyone??? Bueller??

I see places like Sirennet and StrobesNMore have some of the other V-Series, but not the one I want!

LINV2 = LINZ6 V-Series

M2 V-series?

StrobesNMore - Whelen V-Series 3-In-1 Surface Mount Light

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen V-Series 3-In-1 Surface Mount Light

ION V-Series

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION V-Series Super-LED Universal Light

500 V-Series

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen 500 V-Series 3-In-1 Super-LED Lighthead

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Zapp Brannigan said:
Anyone??? Bueller??

I see places like Sirennet and StrobesNMore have some of the other V-Series, but not the one I want!

LINV2 = LINZ6 V-Series

Just be patient! ... and keep checking in.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Zapp Brannigan said:
Anyone??? Bueller??

LINV2 = LINZ6 V-Series

M2 V-series?

StrobesNMore - Whelen V-Series 3-In-1 Surface Mount Light

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen V-Series 3-In-1 Surface Mount Light

ION V-Series

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION V-Series Super-LED Universal Light

500 V-Series

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen 500 V-Series 3-In-1 Super-LED Lighthead

Well Zapp. You OBVIOUSLY can't be looking too hard then. I can have 2 of them to you in a week or so. $139.50ea plus $9 shipping. Duh...lol

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
OVERKILL said:
anyone know if the linv2 will work with the rgrommet that's used on the standard linz6

As it stands with both items stock, no. I looked at measurements, diagrams etc... And what I have determined is that the entire lighthead would be sitting inside the recessed area of the RGROMMET, and you would lose the point of that lens that sticks out.

Front to back LINV2 is same depth as LINZ6. LINV2 lens depth alone approx 7/8". If you trimmed the back of the RGROMMET, and used shorter screw that stock provided, that would allow the front of the LINV2 to stick out, but the rest of the housing would sit in the grommet mount itself.

Forget the measurements of the grommet itself, and how much would need to be trimmed off the back. That being said, using the grommet with the LINV2 there would be just slightly less sticking out, than if you surface mounted the LINZ6 itself, but using the grommet with the LINZ6, you would have practically nothing sticking out, but the lens.

LINZ6 Diagram.PNG

LINV2 Diagram.PNG

LINV2_V-Series.pdf

LINZ6_Super-LED_Lighthead.pdf

RGROMMET for LIN series.pdf

Attachments

• LINV2_V-Series.pdf
    312 bytes · Views: 13
  • LINZ6_Super-LED_Lighthead.pdf
    312 bytes · Views: 9
  • RGROMMET for LIN series.pdf
    311 bytes · Views: 14

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
emtanderson51 said:
Well Zapp. You OBVIOUSLY can't be looking too hard then. I can have 2 of them to you in a week or so. $139.50ea plus $9 shipping. Duh...lol

Just checked your site (searched as well as manually searched LED section), failed to find it, can you provide link?

failed search.PNG

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
emtanderson51 said:

Zapp Brannigan said:
Just checked your site (searched as well as manually searched LED section), failed to find it, can you provide link?

View attachment 69410

As per tonight in Chat

linv2 not on site.PNG

Lol, thanks Steve, so obviously I DID look hard enough! :p

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Now there is a single color (no puddle/takedown) version of the Ion Vs. Both the LINs and the TIRs are single color and flash together... Would make an awesome Spitfire dash light!!!

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_ionv1r_zps83cd988c.png

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
bluestinger90 said:
Does it have 6 leds like the standard linz6? 4 extra leds, and it's nearly double the price.

Am I missing something here? That seems really expensive.

Yeah, I think you missed that they are WHELEN lights. :D

firedoglister

Mar 9, 2014
West Virginia
Does anyone know if the Whelen LINV2's will insert in a Dominator housing? Swapping out TIR3's or LINZ6's with LINV2's in my Dominators would provide some much needed side warning.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
OTFD122 said:
Now there is a single color (no puddle/takedown) version of the Ion Vs. Both the LINs and the TIRs are single color and flash together.

I like this! I did notice that the unit price is the same for the V1 (single color LIN/TIR) and the V3 (triple function). I wonder why? Does the V1 still have the puddle lights, but used for colored warning? Also, I imagine the wiring would be simpler for the V1 ... still not sure why the cost would be identical.

I hope Whelen offers a V1 version of the 500 Series. That'd be the perfect size for my application!

Attachments

• ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_ionv1r_zps83cd988c.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 0

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Kevin K. said:
I like this! I did notice that the unit price is the same for the V1 (single color LIN/TIR) and the V3 (triple function). I wonder why? Does the V1 still have the puddle lights, but used for colored warning? Also, I imagine the wiring would be simpler for the V1 ... still not sure why the cost would be identical.

I hope Whelen offers a V1 version of the 500 Series. That'd be the perfect size for my application!

The pricing is very strange.

A Whelen M7 with 18 leds (twice as many as the V1), is cheaper.

I guess the price reflects the smaller size, and the extreme off axis the v1 has. Theoretically the v1 could replace 4 grill lights. Instead of 2 facing side ways, and 2 facing forwards, you would only need 2 v1 lights.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
MEVS06 said:
Wow, another light that cost Whelen what $30 - $35 to make if that and then charge out the a$$ for them. Lol

You do have to remember, the only reason it can cost them $35 to make one, is because they have $50,000,000.00 in machinery to allow that.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Sirennet presents Whelen V Series Lightheads

For your V viewing pleasure...

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
So here is the latest, I am not really impressed:

V'ed 900's and 600's, but only the top section flashes. The bottom section is a scene light.

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i63_memphise34a_forums_883F8EB5_248a619ec1eec751c992f42e571e767f47.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i63_memphise34a_forums_D65EF366_F3e2259d152e1cc2203f59976b7b03ddfa.jpg

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Questions based off that display...

What is the light at the very top, above the Whelen logo?

What are the 3 switched functions of the top 2 lights?

What are the 4 switched functions of the bottom light?

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Sirennet said:

I believe the light at the top is a Micron

Switches are probably: Warning On, Flood On, Pattern... and for the 4th... I dunno!

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
I'll look tomorrow, didn't spend much time on them.

I know the top half is V'ed behind the lens. The bottom half is a scene light. Don't remember if these have the "puddle" lights or not.

I would rather have the larger footprint than 3 separate less effective functions.

They also released a way to combine multiple dual pioneer type lights in a single housing up to 80 inches wide.

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i63_memphise34a_forums_EE176059_A1ae5b0bf4964c27e1f77c626b4aeea825.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I was told this is called the "Continuum" :confused:

It is also showing the new Pioneer series technology, expecting more Lumens per LED, and greater efficiency.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Sirennet said:

Corey, by the time I got back to the Whelen booth, they had already taken these display boards down so I can't answer your questions. I can tell you that the only 12v switched functions on these lights are the upper flashing section and the lower scene light section. The other switches on the display board may have been flash pattern and low/high power controls.

Here are some close ups:

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i63_memphise34a_forums_9798D27D_54611580edbd92e01ea60659cd5de68fec.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i63_memphise34a_forums_D5FADCD4_7451d3da65ec5d0d7fd1f531cd151a95c0.jpg

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Anyone know if Whelen is going to offer the MV6s and MV9s with clear-lens/color-LED for the warning function? I'm going to start saving now to put a set of these on the tailgate of my truck but I don't want a big honkin' red and amber 600-size lens in the middle of my tailgate.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
vonirkinshtine said:
Anyone know if Whelen is going to offer the MV6s and MV9s with clear-lens/color-LED for the warning function? I'm going to start saving now to put a set of these on the tailgate of my truck but I don't want a big honkin' red and amber 600-size lens in the middle of my tailgate.

They will be available with white warning lights, so they will have to manufacture all clear lenses. I would therefore bet a pay check, that you will be able to get them with clear lenses and colored LED warning lights like all of their other products.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.