The Worst Response Video Thread

Hold on, the 2nd Paris vehicle has a French Fire service siren, not Police....

So it's the Police pretending to be the Fire service...and badly...

Still, could be worse;

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
SomeBloke said:
Hold on, the 2nd Paris vehicle has a French Fire service siren, not Police....

So it's the Police pretending to be the Fire service...and badly...

Still, could be worse;

Did clowns pop out of that fire truck?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
elton23 said:
great lighting i bet it clears traffic

Looks like they could use some American halogen dash lights. Could barely see those piddly little excuses for throw lights.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
That OHP trooper should have been fired for that bullshit, and I won't even comment on the charlie foxtrot that is the second video.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Here's another good one :rolleyes:

200 watt siren and Buell airhorns but we are clearing the intersection by whooping the siren with the manual button and honking the factory Dodge horn. Umm what?

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
acala91 said:
Here's another good one :rolleyes:

200 watt siren and Buell airhorns but we are clearing the intersection by whooping the siren with the manual button and honking the factory Dodge horn. Umm what?

Also, a masssive split fail the front. But the grill lights sure were nice. :thumbsup:

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I agree 100% on the split fail but in the driver's defense, there are two possibilities for his/her actions:

1. They had a PT who would react negatively to the noise of the siren, like a young kid

2. The siren/horn button was in the wrong position so he meant to be honking the Buells but instead got the factory horn

I don't really think it's #2 because at the very beginning of the video you can hear the Buells give a little toot.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
You are probably right about the patient, but I still disagree with how they handled that. If you need to get through the intersection, safety needs to come before patient's reaction to the siren. In my humble opinion, they either need to be as safe as possible and use the siren/horns or shut the lights off and wait for the light to turn green and traffic to clear, which in this instance shouldn't have been long since that agency's trucks have Opticoms.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
CrownVic97 said:
Looks like they could use some American halogen dash lights. Could barely see those piddly little excuses for throw lights.

Come on guys, those cars have FRENCH drivers behind the wheel !! Who are just natural at emergency driving !!!

They don't need the fancy lights and sirens to run Code like you Americans and Brits... :crackup:

TheGatekeeper said:
Come on guys, those cars have FRENCH drivers behind the wheel !! Who are just natural at emergency driving !!!
They don't need the fancy lights and sirens to run Code like you Americans and Brits... :crackup:

Or a driving license it seems... :yes:

Mind you, the Germans aren't helping themselves.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
SomeBloke said:
Still, could be worse;

My favorite part of this video was the FF, in full PPE, who moves the hose out of the way. I don't know the insignia in France, but I think he was a District Chief.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
acala91 said:
That OHP trooper should have been fired for that bullshit.
And had his ass beat on the side of that road.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
SomeBloke said:
Or a driving license it seems... :yes:

Hell no ! There is no specific EV driving licence here... Only the Brit do that, because of their H&S B....t !! :crackup:

The only guys better than the French (by their own standard of course :) )... Meet the Italians..

Ladies and Gents, the VIP motorcade, the Italian Way !! :weird:

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
Waving a lollipop out the window sure does seem to work, people scatter! Kidding of course, at the 5:32 mark, a stroller pushing couple almost gets taken out by a bike that's lighting has less output than my Christmas tree. That reminds me, time to take that thing down...

hhdavis

Dec 14, 2011
Henderson, NC
I'm not gonna say he broke any laws. But he ran the red light, and parked on the same block. Kinda funny I think. He had to have going at least 20, pushing 25. :crazy:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Really, he couldn't wait two seconds for the light... Tisk tisk, that response didn't even need any lights.

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
lafd55 said:
Really, he couldn't wait two seconds for the light... Tisk tisk, that response didn't even need any lights.

That was my initial impression as well. Being that it was a one minute response to begin with, I doubt a rig was staffed and eagerly awaiting his arrival. However, at the same time, on some calls, 20 seconds could maybe make a difference; that doesn't make it right. All I know is if someone I knew was in cardiac arrest and their survival rate was ticking away, I'd rather the closest AED not be sitting at a red light. Would I do it in an extreme situation? Probably. :eek: I don't pass any traffic lights en route to my station.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
:lol:

Yeah I suppose it could be interpreted either way... He didn't blast thru the light either (I thought he was going to, and get sidewiped by a tanker... the whole point of "worse response"!)... I guess these few seconds could make a diff given the circumstances and the nature of the call... My 2 euro-cents...

Nov 29, 2011
UK
TheGatekeeper said:
Hell no ! There is no specific EV driving licence here... Only the Brit do that, because of their H&S B....t !! :crackup:
No we don't, no special driving licence here, mine is exactly the same as anyone elses.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
So you are not legit ? ;)

Juuust kidding !

OK seriously now.... Cops do, don't they ? Basic, advanced driver training etc, if they want to join CMPG for instance and have access to something else than a Sprinter or a panda Peugeot 207?

So if I understand correctly, a police officer who wants to join an elite traffic unit and drive an interceptor S3 or 330d must first pass a fierce driving training, yet a paramedic can hop into an 300hp Impreza and blast thru town Code3 just like that ?

Nov 7, 2011
New England
nightwolf said:
Because I know this has been a hot topic lately.

I don't get why this was a bad response.. are blue lighters not allowed to safely proceed through red lights/stop signs? I don't know too much about the concept of courtesy lights.. :bonk: things are different here haha

Last edited by a moderator:

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
jcpse said:
I don't get why this was a bad response.. are blue lighters not allowed to safely proceed through red lights/stop signs? I don't know too much about the concept of courtesy lights.. :bonk: things are different here haha
This was in NJ so not a courtesy state. It depends on how deeply you examine the law. It is not well defined, in one section it says you cannot, while it references to a different section where you can. Needs some clarification for sure. It would be one thing if he blew it, but he did stop and check. I see no problem here.

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
jcpse said:

it is in NY. that was one of the first things my chief explained to me before i was permitted to use a light. blue lighters must follow ALL traffic laws and not go above the posted speed limit (but not anyone i know follows that portion).

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
chrismartin1701 said:
it is in NY. that was one of the first things my chief explained to me before i was permitted to use a light. blue lighters must follow ALL traffic laws and not go above the posted speed limit (but not anyone i know follows that portion).
Thats funny, his truck has NJ plates.

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
theroofable said:
Thats funny, his truck has NJ plates.

yes i know it does but thats not the point im trying to make. he was asking if it was legal or not for a blue lighter to go through stop signs and red lights. i dont know how it is in other states but in NY its not legal to do that. im just saying how it is here in answer to jcpse.

dwk270

Aug 29, 2012
Oregon
acala91 said:

Unfortunately this is how most agencies drive now days. No life is worth driving that fast. Just because someone has lights and sirens, doesn't give them the right to do 25 over the speed limit. 10 over is plenty.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Unfortunately this is how most agencies drive now days. No life is worth driving that fast. Just because someone has lights and sirens, doesn't give them the right to do 25 over the speed limit. 10 over is plenty.

Well, that's a rather broad statement. :no:

NYBLS

Oct 13, 2010
NY,USA
dwk270 said:

Ehhhh, I wouldn't make a generalization about EVERYWHERE.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.