This Week's Score :D

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
Today I brought home a chromed 100 watt Fed Sig siren speaker, a pair of surface mount lights, a pair of mini light bars, and an amber arrow.

The surface mount lights are one red and one blue. Manufacturer unknown, but would be great on the back of a van or truck's tailgate. I am guessing they are about 7" in diameter each.

The mini light bars are one red and one blue. The red one has some cracks at the base of the dome and one of the motors doesn't engage gears right away. I was considering making these both into split domes, throwing blue forward and red back. Instead I am just gonna run the blue as-is and use the red for parts. These bars have a very flat base, so they are not great candidates for roof mounting, unless they are going on a bracket. Manufacturer unknown.

The arrow is an 8-segment. It looks like there is some kind of adhesive baked on it I am gonna polish it up a bit. There are 7 very short wires and a twin-magnet mount. No control head was included and I don't know the manufacturer. If anyone knows who the likely manufacturer of this style is, please let me know. The 7 wires for 8 lights makes me think maybe Code 3, but I'm not sure.
20170208_165658.jpeg

Last edited:

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Wolfie,

I have to agree on the min-bars, they are Star Signal (now I believe branded as SVP, not to be confused with Southern Vehicle Products from the "lighting past"). I know because I have one in green... As for the Arrow Stick, it does look like a Code 3, but never saw one with magnets on it...

Great catch!

Dennis
NVFD 612

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
...As for the Arrow Stick, it does look like a Code 3, but never saw one with magnets on it...
Well the magnets could be custom. The back has the two grooves that run the length so it can be bolted against something. Bolted into one of the grooves are a pair of really stout L brackets. The magnets mount to the bottom of the L brackets.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Interesting score that makes for a nice haul.

That arrow stick looks a little hefty for 2 magnets to hold it in place on a vehicle at speed and seems rather unwieldy to mount and dismount on anything at a scene. Must have been done for display purposes, seems to me.

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
...Must have been done for display purposes, seems to me.
Chief said he has had it for years, but he doesn't remember what brand or what it was on. I am betting it sat on the toolbox in the bed of a truck. We have more brush fires than structure out here, so about half the fleet is Ford F550's, but we have used smaller and bigger in the area.

I managed to add a really old Federal siren to the score for the week. It struck me as weird that there is no air horn on it. Anyone know what kind of wattage this puts out?

20170209_155805.jpeg
20170209_155805.jpeg20170209_155753.jpeg

Reactions: jph2

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
It's a PA15A series 1E (c. mid-1970s). It has a power output of 58 watts with one speaker and 100 watts with two speakers. The only thing 'weird' about it is that someone put an Interceptor label on it instead of a Director label.

The PA300 was Federal's first electronic siren with the air horn tone. It was introduced around 1983.

Reactions: FCV96 and Wolfie

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
That really looks like a 10-element ArrowStik, an AS10.

It looks like it may have metal reflectors inside instead of plastic. It also has the old style arrow tips on the end lenses. Both of these things lead me to suspect it may be old enough to be positive-side switched.

If so, the correct controller would probably be the one pictured in the middle of this stack:

aelb_content.s3.amazonaws.com_2011_04_54652_ddafb0a50dc3a0974dab77f98b0c0c95.jpg

Photo credit: Clarence H

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
...It's a PA15A series 1E...
That matches the tag on the bottom. You do know your scream units. :D
That really looks like a 10-element ArrowStik, an AS10....
I have some Federal Wildfire Training all weekend, but if I can find time during the week, I'll go over it and give better info like # of lamps, reflector material, and wire colors. Providing I get the right box to control it, this will probably be on the rear deck of my next car (or on the toolbox of my next truck).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.