TN meet & greet tour 2012

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I got a phone call the other night wanting to know when we wanted to start planning on the infamous TN meet and greet tour!!!

The "pit" at TEMA has now been declassified so people can tour it.

so lets start getting ideas, members interested, and a time frame down.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
The State EOC hasn't been "declassified" but when there is no disaster operation, it may be open to visitors. I called Jared to see if we were needing to orient around Nashville again. I was at a meeting at TEMA Feb. 15 and made some new contacts. Some of us from around Nashville would like to look elsewhere, but we haven't exhausted places to tour around Music City either. Some of the things to consider:

Size of the group? Time to spend at each location? Group interests - (Emergency agencies /interests- Specialties like Wildlife Resources? Metro Fire and Police Dispatch? Emergency Management? Medical Helicopters and Special Ambulances, Fire Departments, Trauma Center etc.) Travel routes and road situations (ie., construction) will also be a big consideration.

Try to suggest some dates and areas of interest so we can keep some interesting venues.

Richard Land

tnems7

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
I would say if it's a friday, then I should be able to make it. Depending on how soon it is? I'm already taking off some for Spring break and in May for Ohio HAMvention. I'd like to go see the THP upfit garage. I know they went 2 years ago,I believe, but I didn't get to go. Between getting married,having a baby,buying a house, and moving the shop where I work it was crammed packed time.

Jordan,TCFD

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
nope. no dates, nobody has any ideas.

guess im going to start pm img all the Tn folk i know to see if they want to do one.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well the month of june for me is going to be booked so i guess we might do another august meet and greet. still havent had any ideas or dates sent to me.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
The end of July is busy for me, so August looks good. Since I have helped plan a large part of the itinerary in the past, we need about four to six weeks to plan ahead on the sites and activities.

I wish we could go to east Tennessee, but the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas are likely to be crammed this summer.

Some of the sites that would require a little trip off the usual routes:

Cumberland Gap Tunnel Public Safety - at the Tennessee - KY border

Oak Ridge Fire Dept. (and fire protection near nuclear plants)

Knoxville Fire Department training center

TEMA - East Tennessee EOC - Sutherland Avenue, Knoxville

If it must be around Nashville, here are a few ideas:

Franklin (TN) Fire Department (off I-65) in Williamson County or Williamson County Rescue Squad

Williamson County Public Safety communications city (911 and radio dispatch)

Dept. Of Health Emergency Communications and Operations Trailer (maintained at Williamson Co. Public Safety)

Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency - Communications Section and Law Enforcement

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency- State Emergency Operations Center - Sidco Drive, Nashville

Lane Car museum (pay admission $ - on Murfreesboro Road, Nashville)

Revisit to Tennessee Highway Patrol - Radio and emergency vehicle install shop, Murfreesboro Road, Nashville

Visit Nashvillle Amateur Radio Club - club house (Near Opry Mills mall, off Briley Parkway)

End the day with a cookout at the park (near the radio club house) or a restaurant dinner nearby at the Radisson or Opryland Hotel ( maybe a little more ~$$ than we usually spend)

(This may attract mates and girlfriends to come along - since they could end the day at Opry Mills and everyone can also visit Pro Bass Shop.)

Come on folks - give Jared and me some suggestions

Richard Land

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i was at the NARC "club house" about a month ago for their yearly tailgate party. great lil site and weird to think it was underwater a few years ago.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
maybe ill have my "box" ready if we do one in august. im planning on taking off sometime in august. definetly going to the huntsville hamfest on the 3rd weekend. the 4th weekend is the short mountain repeater clubs attempt at a tailgate party to renew what once was a great hamfest that was held at cedars of lebanon. the tailgate will be somewhere in the boro. will update as info is received.

if we're going to do something we need numbers of people who want to come and where they want to go and preffferably a time frame. this year is already half way over and we don't need to miss out on another great event.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so no body wants to do one?

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I might be able to attend but, I can't this month b/c I have to many thing's going on at work.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
since its kinda late in the year tours may be kinda harder to line up tours with kiddies back in school.

if any of yall want to show up at the ham tailgate party i listed in the other thread we can do a mini meet and greet.

with my part time job its kinda hard for me to just up and take a day off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.