Trip to the Unity factory

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Well, did y ou come away with any goodies?   I thought that Unity was only doing spotlights nowadays.  Nice to know they still have other warning lights.

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
I picked up an RV15 (currently the only beacon fully assembled for sale). They do have parts for other beacons. I brought in a malfunctioning beacon and they fixed it for me no charge (which was very cool). Their resident beacon expert was thrilled to fix it and was amazed it still worked.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
 I brought in a malfunctioning beacon and they fixed it for me no charge (which was very cool). Their resident beacon expert was thrilled to fix it and was amazed it still worked.
That is a pretty cool experience! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Years ago a friend of mine had bought an ambulance with a Unity pushbutton SiTron siren.  I really liked it. Turns out that Summers Coach in Duncanville,TX who did his ambulance conversion exclusively used Unity lights and sirens on their ambulance builds unless the customer specified otherwise.  So after seeing how well my friend's SiTron worked, I decided to find one to use on one of our ambulances.   Back then you could deal with Unity directly, which I had done numerous times on lighting products; so I called them about getting a SiTron.  Turns out that they had a few refurbished units in stock, so I got one for $50.  That siren went on our '72 high top Cadillac ambulance along with a roof-mounted Q.  Quite a combination, and both did an excellent job of clearing traffic.  Nice thing was that Caddie had twin batteries and a 150-amp. L-N alternator.   I could run both of those sirens plus all the lights w/o having anything dim down!

Reactions: UnityUSA

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Thanks for the post. Next visit to Chi town will include a stop by the Unity facility. Was just there last month to see Sting's musical, "The Last Ship" (fantastic!). Saw many sights and ate our way through the Loop. Fantastic City.
We're getting some neat concerts here.  A couple of weeks ago I saw Gary Puckett and the Union Gap along with Herman's Hermits in concert. Super! On August 14 they're doing a "Happy Together reunion" here with the Turtles and others. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.