Weapon: Gun; Unknown type

Suspect: Committed suicide

· Leave a Reflection

·
Add to My Heroes

·
Update this memorial

Share this memorial:

awww.odmp.org_images_icon_email.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_printer.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_facebook.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_twitter.png

Trooper Tony Radulescu was shot and killed while making a traffic stop on State Route 16 at Anderson Hill Road, in Gorst, shortly before 1:00 am.

He had radioed in his location and the pickup truck's license plate and description to dispatchers. When dispatchers were unable to contact him for several minutes a Kitsap County sheriff's deputy was sent to check on his status and discovered him laying wounded outside of his patrol car. He was transported to St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma where he succumbed to his wounds a short time later.

The vehicle that Trooper Radulescu had stopped was found abandoned on a country road approximately three hours later. A SWAT team deployed to the registered owner's home and as they approached it the suspect committed suicide.

Trooper Radulescu was a military veteran and had served with the Washington State Patrol for 16 years.

awww.odmp.org_images_stars.pngPlease contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Chief John R. Batiste

Washington State Patrol

General Administration Bldg.

PO Box 42600

Olympia, WA 98504

Phone: (360) 596-4000

Read more:
Trooper Tony Radulescu, Washington State Patrol, Washington

I'll update this as info comes available, if someone gets to it before I wake up this evening post up, I'll get the thread title changed appropriately when the trooper's name is released.

Local News | Washington trooper shot and killed in traffic stop | Seattle Times Newspaper

Washington trooper shot and killed in traffic stop

Police have found the pickup driven by the person who shot and killed a Washington State Patrol trooper during a traffic stop. Officers are still looking for the killer.

By The Associated Press

BREMERTON — Police have found the pickup driven by the person who shot and killed a Washington State Patrol trooper during a traffic stop. Officers are still looking for the killer.

Trooper Russ Winger says the truck was on a county road about two miles from where the trooper was shot just before 1 a.m. Thursday on Highway 16 near Gorst, which is near Bremerton, about 20 miles west of Seattle across Puget Sound.

Winger says the trooper had made a traffic stop, radioed the location and license plate number. When he didn't respond to a status check, a Kitsap County sheriff's deputy went to the scene and found the wounded trooper. He was taken to a hospital in Tacoma where he was declared dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
The suspected shooter is a long-time criminal who took his own life when cornered by our Sherriffs office, there are now an additional 5 individuals in custody facing charges for their efforts to help the shooter escape.

I knew the Trooper casually, and I always liked him for his friendly demeanor and professionalisim, he was one of those cops who truly lived "To protect and serve".

I suspect that I may have been one of the last people to see him alive. Although I am not sure of that I did pass a WSP unit in the opposite direction as he was conducting a traffic stop only a mile or two from where the shooting took place, and about 20 minutes before the "officer down" call went out.

Four more arrests made in connection with murder of state trooper » Kitsap Sun

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
JediTalen said:
The suspected shooter is a long-time criminal who took his own life when cornered by our Sherriffs office, there are now an additional 5 individuals in custody facing charges for their efforts to help the shooter escape.

I knew the Trooper casually, and I always liked him for his friendly demeanor and professionalisim, he was one of those cops who truly lived "To protect and serve".

I suspect that I may have been one of the last people to see him alive. Although I am not sure of that I did pass a WSP unit in the opposite direction as he was conducting a traffic stop only a mile or two from where the shooting took place, and about 20 minutes before the "officer down" call went out.

Four more arrests made in connection with murder of state trooper » Kitsap Sun

My condolences. I was going to say that his picture makes him look like just a straight up happy guy. I'm glad to hear they arrested more shitbags.

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
e281.jpg

Saint Michael the Archangel Patron Saint of Police & Fire, pray for his soul! :(

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.