University Police/security- Wash. DC and other East Coast

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
I figured that since I'm back to living on campus now, there's never been a better time to share these pictures of Campus Police vehicles that I took when I was touring colleges and after I started here in DC.

Texas, Virginia and Others 204.jpg

Texas, Virginia and Others 307.jpg

Texas, Virginia and Others 219.jpg

College Trip 196.jpg

College Trip 029.jpg

College Trip 107.jpg

College Trip 142.jpg

College Trip 276.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
The only colleges that I've been to that had Chargers were George Mason (I've got that picture here somewhere) and Virginia Commonwealth University.

The Lumina at Georgetown has never moved (that I know of at least) anytime in the last two years I've been out here.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Removed since it apparently wasn't good enough

Last edited by a moderator:

pc0k894

Sep 7, 2010
Midwest USA
Really? Someone had to block out the GEORGIA SOUTHERN part of the markings? Heaven forbid the general public should see a publicly owned police vehicle. What is the point of hiding the graphics when the car patrols areas that are on the public way?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Mock the 9C1 Lumina all you want, but it was faster than the crown vic, could corner like mad, and had Recaro bucket seats.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
HILO said:
Mock the 9C1 Lumina all you want, but it was faster than the crown vic, could corner like mad, and had Recaro bucket seats.

I didn't care for them at all. Chevy didn't seem to either.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
FireEMSPolice said:
I didn't care for them at all. Chevy didn't seem to either.

How did Chevy not like a car they sold for 11 years?

Lots of Streethawks in those pictures!

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! VCU certainly didn't have anything as nice as the Chargers back in the day when I went to school there and worked for the Campus police!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
FireEMSPolice said:
About the same way Ford liked the Panther platform.

Ford killed the Panther platform, remember? GM still uses the W-Body platform!

Panther-1979-2011

W-Body 1988-still going....

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
pc0k894 said:
Really? Someone had to block out the GEORGIA SOUTHERN part of the markings? Heaven forbid the general public should see a publicly owned police vehicle. What is the point of hiding the graphics when the car patrols areas that are on the public way?

Maybe because we get written up for posting pictures of the department without the chief's permission. Sorry for trying to find a way to share with others something I like without getting in trouble due to some rule I totally disagree with yet have to follow. Thanks, way to be an adult.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
RL1 said:
Maybe because we get written up for posting pictures of the department without the chief's permission. Sorry for trying to find a way to share with others something I like without getting in trouble due to some rule I totally disagree with yet have to follow. Thanks, way to be an adult.

That is such an asinine policy.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
HILO said:
Ford killed the Panther platform, remember? GM still uses the W-Body platform!

Panther-1979-2011

W-Body 1988-still going....

The W-Body is on its way out. After 2013, its history. The Impala is the last W-Body car out there.

Actually, the Panther went until 2012. There were a few '12 Crown Victoria's made for the Saudi's.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
FireEMSPolice said:
The W-Body is on its way out. After 2013, its history. The Impala is the last W-Body car out there.

Actually, the Panther went until 2012. There were a few '12 Crown Victoria's made for the Saudi's.

In that case, the Lumina is still sold in the Middle East!

Crying about picture of Campus cop cars must be common. SMU PD is just as silly.

pc0k894

Sep 7, 2010
Midwest USA
RL1 said:
Don't blame me because you left enough identifiable stuff in the photo for someone to figure it out. Way to roll over and surrender like a coward to a meaningless and unenforceable policy.

You might also want to remind he chief that there's a huge security breach on their official website. It shows a photo of a marked car.

Georgia Southern University - Public Safety

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
pc0k894 said:
Don't blame me because you left enough identifiable stuff in the photo for someone to figure it out. Way to roll over and surrender like a coward to a meaningless and unenforceable policy.

You might also want to remind he chief that there's a huge security breach on their official website. It shows a photo of a marked car.

It's called picking your battles. Like I said before, it's a rule I don't like, but am still held to it and save going to the chief about things that need changing for stuff that really matters. Do you only enforce or follow the laws you like? Or do you deem the ones not up to your standard as 'unenforceable' even though people have gotten in trouble for them in the past?

Also pretty sure I said 'without the chief's permission' and since the website is created and maintained by the department, it's pretty easy to realize that it's sanctioned.

boboloo

Jun 5, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Dean: Sir, why did you choose not to go to our esteemed college?

Desert Rent-A-Cop: Well sir, the condition of the blinkies on your vehicles is appalling. ;)

EngCo4

Oct 12, 2010
USA Virginia
What's with the whacktastic "lightbar-on-the-luggage-rack" thing

on the Penn State vehicle? They could have done MUCH better

than that! Takes away from an otherwise nice vehicle. SHAME!

Or are these leased vehicles, so "no holes" and "peel off" vinyl graphics??

pc0k894

Sep 7, 2010
Midwest USA
Here's a question for you, RL1. What if my travels take me down to GSU and I see a university copcar parked on the public way and start snapping photos of the car? Then I upload those photos to a website that features police cars or blinkie lights. Are you saying I need to get your chief's permission? Hardly, my friend.

And who's to say that someone else didn't take that picture and post it here? Is your chief a member of this forum and knows that you are LR1? If you were a little more savvy you would have left the photo alone and posted it with the obliteration of the markings which caused it to draw attention and then you wouldn't have had to chicken out and remove it. If you were smart you would have said that you found it on the www with all the other university police photos.

If this is what you call picking your battles I'm almost afraid to see what will happen when there's a real confrontation.

rkond2

Aug 17, 2012
West Haven, CT
I'll get you more University of New Haven pictures when I can get them. I'm a student there. They recently bought a ford ranger for the campus police. It looks cool, but is definitely not made to transport a prisoner. They have two ford explorers that you can see a little bit of in the one picture.

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
@bobloo Unfortunatly I must say my college's police cars are kinda stupid looking-they're the white Impalas with the AU logo on the door. Nowhere on the car does it say police, or their phone number and really the only thing that makes them look different than all the other college vehicles is the lightbar/spotlight/pushbumper.

@rkond2 I love the UNH cars, I still kick myself sometimes for not going there, but I ended up getting a pretty good gig here in DC so I guess it worked out ok.

@everyone else- thanks for contributing to my first thread, let's keep it going!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
HILO said:

YES !

+11111

I had forgotten those Recaro seats ... I drove one for a while.. Great ride !

But let's not hijack the thread... Apologies for the digression :)

Lumina 97 5.jpg

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
HILO said:

i won't go far as to say faster than a vic but i owned a 98 lumina 9c1 that was a former state of md car i believe it was unmarked for msp anyways was one of the most comftorable police packages i ever drove and that v6 was great on gas

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Ooh! Ooh! I wanna try!

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000629.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000630.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000631.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000632.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000635.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000636.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000637.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000638.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000639.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000658.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000659.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000660.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000682.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1000683.jpg

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af184_doodofnerdlyness_foe_toez_P1010071.jpg

They've since gotten a new Charger with one of those SoundOff barbells, all blue with clear lenses, and a hilariously useless traffic advisor made of red hideaway LEDs inside the taillight bar.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Budget constraints non existent ?

2 units to check a lousy scooter?

What's the plan in case of a mass shooter situation ? A battalion ?

rkond2

Aug 17, 2012
West Haven, CT
Here is the University of New Haven Campus Police's the Ford Explorer they have two of them. I'm guess they are around 2006 models. There are also the two crown vics in the background.

IMG051.jpg

This is the Ford Ranger they acquired last year. It won't serve much as a transport vehicle, but they use it mostly for parking enforcement and going to lock/unlock buildings.

There is also a Ford Escape they have, when I find it on campus I will put up a picture.

61994_4558871055508_793540653_n.jpg

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Coastal Carolina charger. Very nice car and graphics. Its the DUI enforcement car. I saw some white cars while I was down there but was not able to snap pics of them.

003.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.