Unmarked Security CVPI

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
FireMedic129 said:
you choose to live and work down there! last time i checked it was real easy to rent a U-Haul and move.

so is stopping somebody for throwing a cigarette butt out the window and charging them with littering.

You must have a decent bankroll and love to move then, because renting a uhaul and moving is not easy, cheap or enjoyable at all. Also I stop people for tossing cigarette butts all the time, I am much more likely to stop someone for that than I am to stop for say a seatbelt violation. Per peeve I suppose.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
ccsobaker said:
You must have a decent bankroll and love to move then, because renting a uhaul and moving is not easy, cheap or enjoyable at all. Also I stop people for tossing cigarette butts all the time, I am much more likely to stop someone for that than I am to stop for say a seatbelt violation. Per peeve I suppose.

you are correct about the moving, i guess the only easy part about moving is renting the truck. For the record i never once mentioned anything about it being cheap to move.

I can understand having a certain peeve, my brother is in law enforcement and one of his is changing lanes in an intersection. everybody is different.

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
So is all this profiling only done on CVPI's? Or does it apply to anything that appears to have some sort of blinkies on it?

Not to be a dick, but a good police officer can always find a good, legitimate reason to stop someone, versus having to profile based on the type of car they are driving and risk a lawsuit... I have seen too many times where a traffic stop resulted in an arrest, only for charges to be dropped because a decent attorney could prove that the stop wasn't truly justified.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
LawMan902 said:
So is all this profiling only done on CVPI's? Or does it apply to anything that appears to have some sort of blinkies on it?

Not to be a dick, but a good police officer can always find a good, legitimate reason to stop someone, versus having to profile based on the type of car they are driving and risk a lawsuit... I have seen too many times where a traffic stop resulted in an arrest, only for charges to be dropped because a decent attorney could prove that the stop wasn't truly justified.

I see your point and I don't waste my time with stupid crap. If I don't see legitimate PC I don't make the stop. I wait for it and then make a stop.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
OSP959® said:
Does the red point to the rear?

Yes. One company has red all over and was on this board but has since gone quiet. Don't know if his company has legit permits issued by state patrol but word on the street from other security agencies is they push the limit a lot responding to calls...I have yet to catch them running code.

Some colleges in the busy areas of the state have red all around.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Ive seen security with every color imaginable... seen some university security in Omaha with blue.. I have also seen them make traffic stops.... I laugh at the people who actually stop for them.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
chono said:
Ive seen security with every color imaginable... seen some university security in Omaha with blue.. I have also seen them make traffic stops.... I laugh at the people who actually stop for them.

One of our community colleges tied in with University of Washington is allowed to maketraffic stops for speeding. I have an issue with that, not sure what the state was thinking on allowing that when we can't even search incident to arrest anymore unless we have consent or a warrant.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Dear Kentucky Tool. In Texas, tossing a but out the window is a crime in its self. Not littering. It is a big fine, and year round. Also, a clear lens on an LED light is also PC for a stop. It looks clear until turned on, and clear emergency lights are restricted just like red and blue in Texas.

BackYardSales

Dec 5, 2011
US - KY
chono said:

Depends on the state and school. Many of them are sworn officers with full powers.

RES347CUE

Nov 7, 2010
NASSAU COUNTY N.Y.
mjmath said:
i fail to see the point of an un-marked security vehicle...most companies hire security for visibility. Second to that is the un-marked looks like a cop car anyways, thus it might as well be marked. Our agency just arrested a whacker who had a police uniform and was in his security car. Pathetic.

i agree 100%

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
tbone745 said:
I've seen way too many beat up Vics and Impalas missing hubcaps with body damage with those along with a ghetto cb antenna and black tinted windows. (NOT LEO's) Hmmmm I wounder why? :hopeless:

Mmmm... sounds like NYPD AntiCrime to me ?

Mar 17, 2012
United States
Hello Forum I have to say I am the owner of the lighting company that sold and installed the lights on the link. To answer allot of questions without getting to much into the name of the agency that owns this vehicle. The Security Officer works as a DOD contractor and only conducts customs custody transports that is why the vehicle does not need to be marked as he is not attempting to deter any criminal elements. As for the lighting cost of this vehicle the up loader was way off base and the customer spent much less that's why the video has been updated with that removed. We here at Florida Auto Solutions believe in giving the customer of any company or agency a proper set of lights for any budget and me as the CEO being a LEO would not distribute to any one that was not licensed or certified to completely possess any items installed on there vehicles. If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Florida_Auto_Solutions said:
Hello Forum I have to say I am the owner of the lighting company that sold and installed the lights on the link. To answer allot of questions without getting to much into the name of the agency that owns this vehicle. The Security Officer works as a DOD contractor and only conducts customs custody transports that is why the vehicle does not need to be marked as he is not attempting to deter any criminal elements. As for the lighting cost of this vehicle the up loader was way off base and the customer spent much less that's why the video has been updated with that removed. We here at Florida Auto Solutions believe in giving the customer of any company or agency a proper set of lights for any budget and me as the CEO being a LEO would not distribute to any one that was not licensed or certified to completely possess any items installed on there vehicles. If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

Yeah I used to work security for DOD WMD CIA NBC FBI security public safety officer police fire corporal. I had purple lights (with clear lenses) all over my Ford E350 transport van for transporting custom custody customized transportation transports. I didn't have my van marked. Although I had magnets for the side when I would drive around residential neighborhoods selling ice cream and giving out candy. I had a Panasonic Toughbook in my van (though some of the keys didn't work good cuz they were sticky) where I would log my covert security activities.

Last edited by a moderator:

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
MPD 818 said:
Yeah I used to work security for DOD WMD CIA NBC FBI security public safety officer police fire corporal. I had purple lights (with clear lenses) all over my Ford E350 transport van for transporting custom custody customized transportation transports. I didn't have my van marked. Although I had magnets for the side when I would drive around residential neighborhoods selling ice cream and giving out candy. I had a Panasonic Toughbook in my van (though some of the keys didn't work good cuz they were sticky) where I would log my covert security activities.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D:D:D:D:D:D

MPD818 I think you may have just made my night.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
HILO said:
Dear Kentucky Tool. In Texas, tossing a but out the window is a crime in its self. Not littering. It is a big fine, and year round. Also, a clear lens on an LED light is also PC for a stop. It looks clear until turned on, and clear emergency lights are restricted just like red and blue in Texas.

Dear Texas Retard,

if you want to go back and read the words i wrote (sound out the big ones) i never said that it wasn't a crime.

I am going to call bullshit on just having a light mounted being PC for a stop. While i know i could be wrong as i have no idea about texas law, i know for fact that in my state there is nothing about having lights that is illegal, only using them while driving on a public road. If a LEO stopped me my for having the lights on my car that i do without using them i would have a field day with him in court. I want to repeat that i may be wrong about the way the law is written in texas.

I also want to state that i verified this with several LEO's in my area, including a post commander for Kentucky State Police

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Before or after you "dropped" the soap in front of that horse?

I do not know Kentucky laws, or local situations, so I wouldn't start to bash a Kentucky LEO over his attention to a specific area of concern.

I have the opinion that there is no logical or practical reason for security guards, or other non LEO to have a vehicle that looks like a cop car.

aMENshop

Feb 7, 2012
Eastern NC
HILO said:
I have the opinion that there is no logical or practical reason for security guards, or other non LEO to have a vehicle that looks like a cop car.

thats a rather blanket statement being ford made the crown / grand marquis and town car all off the same base hell the crown and the grand look almost identical. The explore? the tahoe

really i cant own??

sorry but it really gets me when someone puts out a statement like this...

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
aMENshop said:
thats a rather blanket statement being ford made the crown / grand marquis and town car all off the same base hell the crown and the grand look almost identical. The explore? the tahoe

really i cant own??

sorry but it really gets me when someone puts out a statement like this...

I dont know about your part of the rock, but I do not see many (and by that I mean only one Marquise with LA plates) Grand Marquis, or Town Cars with blinkies, steelies, push bumpers, and spot lights. The yo's like to put those silly donkey wheels on their cars, so no look-a-like confusion there. I'm talking about the kind of Crown Vic, Impala, Explorer, Tahoe, or some otherwise non-LE use vehicle, with clear lensed LED's, Steelies (and in the case of previous Explorers and other vehicles, getting spare tire rims, or painting rims black with a center cap), making sure the car gives off the 'cop' impression for what ever reason. To make the wannabe look even funnier in Texas, the State passed a law aimed directly at this problem. Any vehicle used for security guard work, ie: patrol, post checks, or any other job related use, must be registered to the company, and be marked with the company name, and license number, and not have blue, clear, or red light, nor a siren. This means, in Texas at least, there is no valid reason for a security guard to own a cop looking car with even amber lights. The only reason a security guard would buy a cop looking car, and put lights on it, for his POV is to look like Police. Thats it. No security company in the State of Texas can make an employee use his POV for work use beyond driving to and from their assigned post. If a guard chooses to use his POV for patrol, or other work related use, he is in violation of the law. And while alot of city Police are not aware of this law, some are, and observing a guard driving an unmarked vehicle while patroling, in uniform, is PC to stop and do an equipment check. I know some VFF's drive cop looking cars, with lights and sirens, and my personal thoughts on that is why? Again, being in Texas, I do not see VFF's driving ex cop cars that often. The majority of VFD's are rual, and the majority of VFF's have pick-ups and SUV's as their every day vehicles becasue they live in the rual areas and have no need for a cop car. I do see car's used by VFF's but they are your everyday common vehicles like Accords, Camary's, Cobalts, even Kia's and Subaru's. My dad is a VFF, and drivers either a Colorado with a dual r/b avenger, or a Dodge ram 3500 with a R/B mini phantom. Even pilot cars around here are pick ups, suv's and minivans, with a common sedans, and yes a town car thrown in. But it is pretty hard to confuse a pilot car with a LEO with the big yellow WIDE LOAD signs and flags.

As far as what Garza does down south, on the Texas boarder, they have a completly different set of problems than we do up here in the Dallas metroplex. Just like it is a different way of life in methed out East Texas. I wouldnt begine to question a South Texas LEO's methods, and I doubt a South Texas LEO would understand or question a metroplex LEO's job. While some of the same crap goes down in Brownsville and Denton, alot of different and in my opinion, more dangerous things happen down south.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
(This is not directed at you HILO)

131972d1265771256-funny-strange-random-pics-demotivator__no_one_cares_by_mikenator700.jpg

I don't know why yall are getting so bent out of shape. I mean look at the map below. Hawaii is closer to Texas than Kentucky. I would worry more about the Hawaiian light laws.

united-states-map.gif

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Texas Law is not the same as your "Kentucky" laws shit i dont care if you like to dress in drag and drive around in your security patrol car with blinkies and throw cigarette butts out the window IM NOT IN KENTUCKY! im in Texas. And the whole you guys getting all bent out of shape over the whole pulling over of whackers down here we have a ORDERS to pull them over plus its not all that hard to get any sort of bullshit probable cause to pull someone over nobody is a perfect driver??? Like they tell you in the academy the TRAFFIC CODE is your bread and butter with out it your a useless cop so you better know all the bullshit traffic codes that will help you get probable cause to conduct those stops when you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to stop a car. As far as South Texas this is a War zone i cant understand where you get the BALLS to question our job or what we have to deal with down here you know its a bad deal when your county has SOPs to deal with Mexican drug lords convoys or Mexican army inqursions into the United States which is an act of war. If you want to learn something instead of dealing with meter maid duty in your kentucky area come to South Texas we will make a man of you real quick.

Lick my balls

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Station 3 said:
Texas Law is not the same as your "Kentucky" laws shit i dont care if you like to dress in drag and drive around in your security patrol car with blinkies and throw cigarette butts out the window IM NOT IN KENTUCKY! im in Texas. And the whole you guys getting all bent out of shape over the whole pulling over of whackers down here we have a ORDERS to pull them over plus its not all that hard to get any sort of bullshit probable cause to pull someone over nobody is a perfect driver??? Like they tell you in the academy the TRAFFIC CODE is your bread and butter with out it your a useless cop so you better know all the bullshit traffic codes that will help you get probable cause to conduct those stops when you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to stop a car. As far as South Texas this is a War zone i cant understand where you get the BALLS to question our job or what we have to deal with down here you know its a bad deal when your county has SOPs to deal with Mexican drug lords convoys or Mexican army inqursions into the United States which is an act of war. If you want to learn something instead of dealing with meter maid duty in your kentucky area come to South Texas we will make a man of you real quick.

Lick my balls
LOL You r to funny

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
MEVS06 said:
Many people who traffic drugs and humans use old LE vehicles.
That's great, still doesn't grant PC. It lends itself to PC, but does nothing on its own.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Station 3 said:

Lick my balls

Garza you reminded me of this...

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Didn't see Station 3's post above. I agree with what he said.

Mike L.

May 21, 2010
Everett, WA
Amber / green, probably FL as those are the colors required for Security in FL.

I have been in Law Enforcement and security. Personally I prefered driving police package vehicles. I don't care for the "police" look, the simple truth is a "civilian" car is not designed for the rigors of security work. Security patrol involves a lot of SLOOOOW speed driving, lots of breaking and typically the officer/guard getting in and out of the vehicle 100's of times in a shift.

Additionally, police package vehicles have equipment already made for them. It costs a lot of money to try and get a computer or radio mount fabricated and have it be safe for a non police package vehicle.

I don't understand the hub bub with police package vehicles. A car is nothing more than a tool. Its not like a police car is the fastest vehicle made. Nor is it "authoritive" looking. What makes a police car is when a vehicle is used as such. I suppose we should ban people from buying mini-vans because some dept's use them, lest we want the soccer moms to be confused for cops. What about all the Dodge chargers or Chevy impalas being driving by civies? Better bust them too.

If the CVPI is equipped in accordance to their states laws then who cares? People like Station 03 are getting worked up for nothing. Stop making a mountian out of a mole hill. If they try to impersonate a cop by using their lights while driving, then bust them. Otherwise leave them alone.

I personally would never outfit a security vehicle that way, but who knows what their reason is - personally I don't care. If they are using their money in that fashion, most likely they wont be in business long enough to worry about anyways. The "unprofessional" security outfits usually screw up soon anyways. Just my humble opinion

SC-SPCA

Feb 1, 2012
New York

"I think golf carts and NEVs(neighborhood electric vehicles, e.g. GEMs) work great well for security patrols because they don't have doors and only drive at low speeds."

GEM cars suck!!! We had 5 of them in saratoga state park ( I worked as a ranger) and by the end of the season they were all dead and we were riding 4 rangers deep in a 92 chevy blazer!

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
Jared @ 911Lights said:
Never seen a security vehicle with a computer, but I guess you might need to run plates. We've put computers into Water department trucks with no problems, you should check out RAM, they make great mounting hardware for all kinds of vehicles.

I saw a computer in a pickup the other day. I wondered if the guy was a contractor or something.

Back when I did security, I had to do a written log for every property I went on. If there was a problem, you did an incident report. Now we're in an age where you can write a report from the car, and email it to the main office.

waldalm

Mar 27, 2011
US, North AL
OSP959® said:
I was referring to how many REAL unmarks have thin blue line plates. None. You see an unmarked with thin blue line plates, you know it's not real.

That depends on the region I would assume. In Alabama and Georgia, lots of unmarked cars have thin blue line tags and stickers. Granted, our definition of "unmarked" is literally that, no markings.

Cars stand out from a mile away. Loaded front to back with lights, multiple antennas and sometimes pushbumpers lol Back home where I'm from originally, the DA's investigator cars all had thin blue

lines as well.

waldalm

Mar 27, 2011
US, North AL
BackYardSales said:
Depends on the state and school. Many of them are sworn officers with full powers.

For example, University's in Alabama that are state funded, controlled or run. Most fall in this group and their officers are APOST certified and sworn state police officers.

Don't stop for one of their units (which run solid blue, highly restricted color in Bama), and see how far you get lol

Jhart911er

Apr 11, 2011
North east pennsylvania
Why did you give up the pay and benefits of being a LEO to get into security?

because I made more money and had better benefits as a Private armed security guard than I did as a deputy sheriff......13.00 an hr is really hard to pay the bills when you are dealing with the hours and added responsibility of being a LEO and the bs that goes along with the job, so I took a job making 18.00 hr and all I had to do was turn my cases over to the LEO's who were making less than we were in the private security outfit and they filed the charges and had their court dates and at the most i was only served a subpoena as a witness for the state........it doesn't get much easier and I was able to keep my house and cars and everything I enjoyed and that is why I gave it up............pitiful isn't it????? :rolleyes:

And now i gave that up to drive a propane truck for the same reason...........$$$$$$ :woot:

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Money, huh?

Do what ya gotta do. If you were doing it for money,then it's a good thing you got out so someone that actually gave a fuck could pick up your slack.

Enjoy your propane route, Hank.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.