Video: 2 unmarked Nissan Xtrail. Howler in Jakarta traffic.

Jun 8, 2010
Indonesia Java
Ok let me try to translate the correct terminology in English.

The Nissan Xtrail in front is an unmarked (but still easily noticable by the yellow on black license plate) personal Protection Vehicle for Indonesia's Head of People's Representative, Mr. Marzuki Ali ( Ketua DPR - Dewan Perwakilan Rakyat).

They are part of the Jakarta Metro Police (Polda Metro Jaya) Vital Objective Division (PamObVit - Pengamanan Obyek Vital) in the Indonesian National Police (POLRI). Please pardon the crappy Chinese lightbar and siren.

I'm driving a late model unmarked Xtrail with Whelen Siren and Howler that is registered to Den Mabes Polri (Markas Besar Polisi Republik Indonesia), Federal Police.

This is Indonesia, rules and protocols here are different than other countries. We are still learning and improving, so please be lenient with the critiques. Thank you.

Here is the video

Last edited by a moderator:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
pretty cool but i dont really like those blue lightbars you guys have mounted on those nice SUVs. And also dont like the fact that people dont really give a crap and you have to "move" around them like %95 of the time

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Now that u upgraded to a real siren U need to change the lightbar. Putting 2 haw bulbs in a big lightbar is not effective at all. I have sold some Tomar 200s HP to Indonisia Ploice before. I'd be happy to sell you.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I'm amazed there aren't deaths daily, with those scooters weaving in and out and the seeming general disregard for traffic laws. Props to you for being able to drive in such congestion!

Jun 8, 2010
Indonesia Java
Yes, those lightbars are chinese. They are the worst of the worst. Budget are tight unfortunately. :D

Station 3 said:
pretty cool but i dont really like those blue lightbars you guys have mounted on those nice SUVs. And also dont like the fact that people dont really give a crap and you have to "move" around them like %95 of the time

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.