Wanted wanted dazzle ray any dome color

Status
Not open for further replies.

repoman911111

Jun 28, 2015
levittown ny
Just as the title says I'm looking for a dazzle Ray color does not matter but must be in working condition pm me if u have.

Last edited by a moderator:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hmmmmm.... 

Any chance u have a picture of the light you are referring to?... I consider myself well versed in Whelen items to date, but have never heard of this Whelen Dazzle Ray either.....

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Dazl-Ray was a brand many years ago. Never part of Whelen.  One of their lights was used on some wreckers(OPs name?)

It was a DR-2, had a glass dome, a sealed beam bulb shining up, with a rotating reflector, with the motor in the top of the dome. I wonder if this is the light in question. There was a wrecker picture posted a while ago that had this light on the roof. I have sold a couple of these lights. Nice lights!!

repoman911111

Jun 28, 2015
levittown ny
This light that I am looking for is definitely made by Whelen I of course can not find a video now that was on YouTube the guy showed the close up and without a doubt it was called the whelen dazzl ray I've never seen a light like this before it's an extremely unique design if I could find any pictures I will post them dazzleits is spelled without the e on dazzl.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Repoman, as far as finding that light, it is pretty rare. This was the only one that I have seen in 50+ years of collecting, ever. Maybe Curtis would be willing to sell his.

repoman911111

Jun 28, 2015
levittown ny
I know what you mean I've been collecting for about 20 years myself I have quite a large collection but this light and a Mars aurora borealis are my two white whales these both seem to be very hard to come by and I would love to add them to my collection I've tried contacting Curtis on YouTube but I have not gotten a response but just so I know what is the correct name for the light

repoman911111

Jun 28, 2015
levittown ny
Thank you I appreciate it also if you have anything that you're selling let me know if you have any older sealed beam mini light bars or anything like that I mainly like to collect the older rare stuff or if you have anything that you're looking for let me know because I'm selling some of my collection I'm running out of place to put all this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.