Warning/Non-Warning equipment values

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
Either I'm not hitting on it or this topic just comes up sporadically as people are in need of XYZ or posting their scores....

But is there any guidelines on here as to what certain pieces of older (late 80's early 90's) Warning or Non-Warning equipment is worth from both a buying or selling perspective?

I mean, we're all aware of eBay and the sometimes uber-inflated pricing, but then there can be some good scores on there if really diving deep. I've seen "WorthPoint" results in google searches, but never used or heard of it until just recently. Then of course I see Gov Auction sites too popping up here and there in my searches.

Does this community have a "what's it worth" thread tucked away somewhere?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
We don't currently have a value thread anywhere. Most folks just create a new thread in the appropriate subtopic to solicit feedback on values at the time. One thing that I have learned over the years at the values are highly volatile and while they have steadily been increasing, things seem to go in phases.

For many years, for example, Streethawks would fetch around $200 in good shape. Now you're lucky to get even $50 for one. TwinSonics and Aerodynics on the other hand have EXPLODED in value with a blue Twin dome being worth several hundred dollars alone. Vintage siren amps used to also be a hot commodity fetching many hundreds of dollars but that market has gone nearly stagnant with very minimal interest from buyers and sale prices plummeting.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.