Warren County, OH Deputy Brian Dulle struck during high speed chase.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Looks like the deputy was out trying to deploy stop sticks and he was hit by the offenders vehicle.

From WHIOTV.com;

Deputy Killed In High-Speed Chase; Driver Caught - News Story - WHIO Dayton

WARREN COUNTY, Ohio -- A driver who hit and killed a deputy during a high-speed chase early this morning has been captured after he tried to escape on foot after the incident, according to police.

A massive manhunt in Warren County that involved K-9 units and police helicopters located the driver around 6:20 a.m.

He was taken into custody without incident at Drake Road and state Route 122 in Warren County.

The deputy who died was putting out stop sticks when he was hit, Warren County Sheriff Larry Sims said.

The chase started in Franklin and ended on U.S. 42 at Utica Road north of Lebanon around 2 a.m. The driver also hit another police cruiser during the chase.

“The suspect vehicle was heading south on 42. The suspect vehicle was actually driving in the northbound lanes on the wrong side of the road,” Warren County Sheriff Larry Sims told our partners at The Western-Star. “He did strike a sheriff’s cruiser almost head-on. Another cruiser had to avoid being struck. Shortly after that another deputy from our agency was deploying stop sticks and was struck and ultimately killed by the suspect vehicle.”

The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash, which blocked the roadway in the area.

Lebanon Schools are on a two-hour delay due to U.S. 42 being shut down.

A press conference has been scheduled for 9 a.m. by the Warren County Sheriff's Department.

New Center 7 will have a crew at the press conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I wish the piece-of-scum would've resisted arrest. Gives the arresting officers an excuse to deal out the justice he deserves :mad: .

RIP deputy :( .

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
I agree.

Here is the updated story;

From WHIOTV.com;

Possible Second Suspect Wanted In Deputy's Death - News Story - WHIO Dayton

WARREN COUNTY, Ohio -- Investigators are reportedly searching for a possible second suspect who may have been involved in the high-speed chase that ended with the death of a Warren County Sheriff's deputy early Tuesday morning.

A search is being conducted in the wooded areas behind Lebanon High School before 2 p.m., according to school officials. Students were released 20 minutes early as a precaution after being locked down.

WARREN CO: Deputies Mourn Loss Of Brian Dulle

Warren County Deputy Brian Dulle died instantly after being struck during the high-speed chase.

Dulle, 36, of Turtlecreek Twp., was attempting to put out stop sticks when the driver, who was fleeing police in a 2001 Cadillac, hit him on U.S. Route 42 near Utica Road north of Lebanon, according to Warren County Sheriff Larry Sims.

The chase began in Franklin around 2 a.m. and the suspect was captured after he hit Dulle and fled on foot.

Police located the suspect around 6:20 a.m. following a massive manhunt that involved K-9 units and police helicopters. The suspect was taken into custody without incident at Drake Road and state Route 122 in Warren County.

The driver also hit another police cruiser during the chase.

“The suspect vehicle was heading south on 42. The suspect vehicle was actually driving in the northbound lanes on the wrong side of the road,” Sims told our partners at The Western-Star. “He did strike a sheriff’s cruiser almost head-on. Another cruiser had to avoid being struck. Shortly after that another deputy from our agency was deploying stop sticks and was struck and ultimately killed by the suspect vehicle.”

Sims said this is the first time a Warren County deputy has been killed in the line of duty. Dulle had been with the office since 1999 and was promoted to sergeant in 2005. He was a graduate of Edgewood High School, attended Miami University and was a member of the U.S. Army. Dulle is survived by his wife and three young children.

Lebanon Schools were put on a two-hour delay due to U.S. 42 being shut down.

During a morning press conference, Sims said the Warren County Prosecutor's Office is working with his department to investigate what happened.

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
1st off I'll say my Condolences go out to his family.

I am getting sick and tired of all these F*#king Idiots out here that Take the lives of anyone in the Public Safety field with no remorse.

And I think they all should be Hung just like the old days.

This Shit makes me Sick !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.