WatchGuard Evidence Library Express

501huntc

Aug 18, 2023
United States
I hope this is the right place to post this topic.

Since Motorola's acquisition of WatchGuard in 2019, they have been steadily removing access to original WatchGuard software and converting to internet-based video management. I have a WatchGuard 4RE system and need access to Evidence Library Express (ELX) to control the system's settings. I found the link to download it, but unfortunately it redirected me to Motorola's website and their internet-based, paid-for video manager called VideoManager EL.

I wanted to post this in hope that someone has knowledge to point me in the direction where I can download ELX. Motorola will no longer distribute the program as of June 2023, so I reckon that I'll need to obtain it from a private user who already has access to the installation files. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: ProScout

501huntc

Aug 18, 2023
United States
Trying to figure out how...Haven't used this forum in years...
I don't have permission to initiate private messages due to anti-spam forum restrictions, but you may be able to. You'll need to view my profile and a message feature should show on the page somewhere.

ProScout

Jul 10, 2015
Texas, USA
I don't have permission to initiate private messages due to anti-spam forum restrictions, but you may be able to. You'll need to view my profile and a message feature should show on the page somewhere.

Really appreciate your time and help on this. Thank you!!

I'm running into a similar situation. When I click on your profile, I receive a similar error that in mentioned in the other user's post. 404 error and no option to send a message.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Fireaus

Nov 28, 2023
Australia

https://elightbars.org/forums/threa...ds/new-member-account-question.96477/[/QUOTE]
Hi, like you I have had Moto tell me it’s no longer available. Can you point me in the right direction for a copy of ELX. Thanks in advance.

xolov516

Dec 2, 2023
California
HI there, I am looking for a way to download the software as well. I have been in contact with Motorola who transfers me to Watchguard but they will not send out the file since it is old. Could I get it from you guys as well please? I tried to send a message but I too am unable to.

S0lidStat3

Jan 5, 2024
Arkansas, USA
Has anyone got a installer for version 3 or 4, I have recently had to work on some computers to do some upgrades and the only install file the client has is version 1... they were using 3..
If anyone has a solution PM me Please.

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
It seems /\/\ is displaying the same care and concern they have for their no longer supported radio systems - yes, we'll prosecute off market sellers of software we no longer offer or support, but no, we won't give or sell you the same software, because we no longer support it. </rant>

Smith907

Feb 27, 2024
Wrangell, AK
I see that I am not the only one with this issue. We obtained a federal surplus vehicle that we put in service that was already outfitted with Watch Guard 4RE system. Everything works good until it doesn't. I have recently had some boot up errors and figure I might need to update the firmware and see if that helps with the underlying problem. I tried chatting with Motorola today but after they realized I wasn't a current paying member they dropped me. I can't find the firmware software anywhere and the Google links to the old locations are no longer valid and point to Motorola. So no help there. Searching for options brought me to this thread.

The 4RE unit causing me issues is currently running version 3.4.0.51. I downloaded the manual from Motorola and see that I need to first update to version 3.6 before updating to later versions such as 4.0.7. I will need version 3.6 at minimum and 4.0.7 if possible.

If the above information is not accurate, I am all ears. I just signed up here today so it might take some time to figure out features and PMs here. I would like to get a link to the files. I have a burner email available for files if they are small. How large are these firmware files?

Apr 12, 2022
Sacramento
I see that I am not the only one with this issue. We obtained a federal surplus vehicle that we put in service that was already outfitted with Watch Guard 4RE system. Everything works good until it doesn't. I have recently had some boot up errors and figure I might need to update the firmware and see if that helps with the underlying problem. I tried chatting with Motorola today but after they realized I wasn't a current paying member they dropped me. I can't find the firmware software anywhere and the Google links to the old locations are no longer valid and point to Motorola. So no help there. Searching for options brought me to this thread.

The 4RE unit causing me issues is currently running version 3.4.0.51. I downloaded the manual from Motorola and see that I need to first update to version 3.6 before updating to later versions such as 4.0.7. I will need version 3.6 at minimum and 4.0.7 if possible.

If the above information is not accurate, I am all ears. I just signed up here today so it might take some time to figure out features and PMs here. I would like to get a link to the files. I have a burner email available for files if they are small. How large are these firmware files?
I am 90% sure I have a 2023 firmware file for the 4REs. Send me your email and I’ll send it over so you can test it.

Smith907

Feb 27, 2024
Wrangell, AK
From reading some previous help threads, it looks like I can't send you a PM until I reach a post count of 15. I had tried to work with a buddy that has access to Motorola software but we learned that Motorola only allows access to software of items in your support area. And Radios and Video are definitely not the same area.

Do you have the older v 3.6 Firmware ? I can't do anything with 2023 firmware without first having 3.6 installed. If so, how large is the firmware file?

Smith907

Feb 27, 2024
Wrangell, AK

DOHCZC

Mar 18, 2024
Atlanta, Ga
Totally new here. Would like to say first, THANK YOU for the ELX software. I have a few Vista cameras and am looking to get a 4RE system for my vehicle. I am also in search for firmware files for the Vista, and 4RE systems. So far have been very happy with the Vista cameras that I have.

501huntc

Aug 18, 2023
United States
is there anyway you can help me out with this? I am running into to this same issue.
I can't message; I'm a relatively new member and don't have permissions. The website administrator has private messages turned off until I meet some sort of criteria. Once my permissions have been sorted I'll message you!

am54408

Apr 1, 2024
shady point ok
I can't message; I'm a relatively new member and don't have permissions. The website administrator has private messages turned off until I meet some sort of criteria. Once my permissions have been sorted I'll message you!
you can email me andrewmartinez379@outlook.com

I have pretty much all WG software if people need it. I also have one of the latest firmwares for the 4RE.
can you email me andrewmartinez379@outlook.com

Caldwell205

Apr 25, 2024
Melmac
Ive tried the download and Im getting "object not set to an instance of an object" or something similar when I try to open ELX. Anyone have a work around for that?

Id like to change some settings and get the 100 plus user logins off the system.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.