Weird quad problem

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
My quads have been in my grill for a few years with no problems..

I noticed a few weeks ago one of my modes has changed from red white to red and changed patterns... I figured it was due to a mechanic who removed grill to work on ac condenser might have fumbled with wiring...

Tonight I had time to look at it.

While checking wiring tryin to reset the pattern the light changed to blue....

In order for that to happen the green color wire has to be connected to +. Well the green wire is still loomed up and not touching anything...

I had to un.loom the green and when connected to + it wouldn't do anything I tried over and over even held it on + for awhile instead of just tapping.. nothing happened.

Some how it resorted back to red on its own without cycling through colors.. got it back together and it seems fine now..

Anybody else have / had this issue does it need warranty replacement?

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
I'd say make sure the ground isn't loose/disconnected. Last time I had an issue with quad lights changing themselves it was due to a ground that wasn't crimped properly and it was actually causing the 12+ to feed back through the blue sync wire (causing all lights to randomly go back and forth between leader/follower mode).

If it's all your grill lights are doing it then it's almost certainly the ground as they'd probably be all grounded together, if it's just a single light then I would guess it's just that module individually unless the grounding was done really weird.

But if the ground seems fine then yeah it might need RMA. Feniex has a 5 year warranty so as long as by a few you mean around 3 years then you should still be covered from any failures.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Just one light head. Ground seemed fine. I'll see if it does it again then RMA it if it does

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Just one light head. Ground seemed fine. I'll see if it does it again then RMA it if it does
Single light should be bench tested before RMA, but I agree with the ground issue being likely if not a failed unit

Reactions: Jarred J.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Constable4016

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.