Whelen Core Flash patterns for Dual Color heads

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Hey Whelen Core gurus. I have a question for you all. I have the Whelen Core system and I have all of my lights ran through it, however I have some dual color heads that I have been trying to figure out how to flash properly. So Here is a video of something I am trying to achieve. If you notice the 2 inner heads on the push bar, they alternate colors. I have been trying to figure this thing out but I can not. I have seen some videos to be able to alternate DVI patters on dual color heads as well. I am baffled. All help would be greatly appreciated.
If I worded this poorly I am sorry lol. Any questions or clarification please just ask.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Unfortunately, Whelen doesn’t have any patterns in Command that will do that. Its one of my biggest complaints. I didn’t listen to the video, but I would bet those ION duos on the front are using the built in flasher in the ION. You can get those alternating colors with the built in ION flasher. In order to obtain those patterns with Core, you need to set up tumbling virtuals, and it is nearly impossible to get them timed out that perfect. You can also try using one of the duo bar patterns, it will kind of work, but again, not that flawlessly. You can alternate the colors by using the same pattern with opposite phasing, but you won’t get off time like that.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Well thats unfortunate. I have seen so many core installs like that and I have been wondering how the hell they did that. I have a bunch of Dual and Tri color ions that are currently single color cause I cant make the lightheads match.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
You can set up the tumbling virtuals to the same flash pattern, but alternating colors. The flash rate will stay consistent, but the timer on the virtual doesn’t stay locked in with the timing on the flash pattern, so what happens, is after a bit, the flash pattern gets out of sync with the color change, and you have the colors changing in the middle of the flash pattern. Ive done it, its not terrible. Its just not flawless how it could be if Whelen offered some good duo and trio flash patterns for this scenario. I haven’t played with it too much but I have played a little with using the duo bar patterns, and it kinda works, but I wasn’t able to get it so it wouldn’t try to flash the different colors on the same lighthead at the same time. It works perfect for a few flashes, but just the way the pattern is set up, it ends up flashing two colors at the same time. It’s possible that it can be done this way, I just haven’t spent enough time to figure it out.

Reactions: ffjwhite

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.