Whelen dash lights that spell "Police"

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Anyone have any sources for Whelen Talon or Avenger -based Police Identifier Dash lights? Been looking around and cant find any. These lights spell 'Police" in reverse, if you didnt know what I meant. Need one for the Chief's new sled.

-Yes, I searched-

Thanks in advance.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
11b101abn said:
Anyone have any sources for Whelen Talon or Avenger -based Police Identifier Dash lights? Been looking around and cant find any. These lights spell 'Police" in reverse, if you didnt know what I meant. Need one for the Chief's new sled.

-Yes, I searched-

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, Whelen distributor Thomas Madden & Assoc. is the exclusive source. They cover the Southeast and are located there in Georgia. The lights are not cheap, BTW, think near full retail for a dual Talon.

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
The last place I knew that had any was West Chatham in Savannah but the don' t list them on there website any more.

ast123

Oct 27, 2012
South Georgia
Marc M said:
The last place I knew that had any was West Chatham in Savannah but the don' t list them on there website any more.

You from the Sav Metro area? GSP uses them in most of their new slick top chargers. West Chatham has ALOT in stock that's not on their website and can order anything they don't have. But dang they're expensive

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
ast123 said:
You from the Sav Metro area? GSP uses them in most of their new slick top chargers. West Chatham has ALOT in stock that's not on their website and can order anything they don't have. But dang they're expensive

Naw not from Metro area. Yea they are expensive. I don' t feel you get what you pay for with the ID lights. Good idea bad follow throught.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Marc M said:
Naw not from Metro area. Yea they are expensive. I don' t feel you get what you pay for with the ID lights. Good idea bad follow throught.

Bad idea good follow through....

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Marc M said:
Why do you think that?

The idea is flawed to begin with, the design of the end product is not the issue. People don't read small letters in the situations these were designed to be used in. The idea its self is flawed.... the execution is 100% what was intended. So poor concept, good execution. The reverse....Good idea, poor execution..... would mean there is a way to make a tiny dash light with lettering that can be read easily by the public.... but the specific design of the light is flawed. Which is not the case. I was kinda being a smart ass.... it's a minor point, but an important one to me as I specifically collect unusual and transitional whelen products.

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
JohnMarcson said:
The idea is flawed to begin with, the design of the end product is not the issue. People don't read small letters in the situations these were designed to be used in. The idea its self is flawed.... the execution is 100% what was intended. So poor concept, good execution. The reverse....Good idea, poor execution..... would mean there is a way to make a tiny dash light with lettering that can be read easily by the public.... but the specific design of the light is flawed. Which is not the case. I was kinda being a smart ass.... it's a minor point, but an important one to me as I specifically collect unusual and transitional whelen products.

I see what you mean and agree they are too small. I understand why GSP wanted something like this but feel there where other better options or atleast could have been.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Marc M said:
I see what you mean and agree they are too small. I understand why GSP wanted something like this but feel there where other better options or atleast could have been.

Yep... better options of a totally different design... the whole concept of text as warning in any size smaller than a barn door is flawed.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
That would be a good idea for vol. fire.

They had placards made here of plastic with red lettering so if you were responing it was on the dash or visor and can on the seen by the fire police or Leo's and would know you were Ems/fire .

Don't know if the lighted signs being talked bout here would work in that matter either?

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
chief1565 said:
That would be a good idea for vol. fire.

They had placards made here of plastic with red lettering so if you were responing it was on the dash or visor and can on the seen by the fire police or Leo's and would know you were Ems/fire .

Don't know if the lighted signs being talked bout here would work in that matter either?

Ah hum... I'm not sure... This is an expensive piece of equipment for the sole purpose of IDing your car while it sits near a scene unattended...

SireLite makes a good suggestion here .... The EuroVisor is a smart, non-expensive piece of gear to ID a vehicle...

IMG-20120425-00026.jpg

307493_284737708222709_120550294641452_1035970_1404902189_n.jpg

37584_138238536205961_120550294641452_280425_548912_n.jpg

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
There was a member who was making light up placards for fire fighters lockers, I would think that would be great for the visor also I just can't find his posts anymore. He was fairly new and also sold the small "super bright" 3 LED lights... Hmmm

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
MEVS06 said:
There was a member who was making light up placards for fire fighters lockers, I would think that would be great for the visor also I just can't find his posts anymore. He was fairly new and also sold the small "super bright" 3 LED lights... Hmmm

I gave him an idea to make some, but he disappeared.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Just a heads up, the post from john is from 2012. Top left of the chat boxes show post date. Don’t want you to get your hopes up too high for a reply.
I want to say someone was selling these still i n another thread. I will dig around.

He has some in stock

Last edited:
Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.