Whelen Edge Strobe Series Products

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I have confirmed from two reliable sources that the Whelen Edge Series Strobe Product Line is now special order only. The Edge 9M and Mini-Edge Strobe bars are no longer on the Whelen Website nor are they in the new 2014 price lists. This is truly a changing of the guard. The Whelen Edge Strobe Series has dominated the strobe lightbar market for over 30 years.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
What a shame. I remember as a child asking what kind of lights were on the aircraft we often watched, this was the sixties. My friend's Dad was very knowledgeable in this arena and answered those are strobe lights by Whelen and they're ONLY approved for aircraft usage. Two+ decades later,... we had some of the first Edges in the early eighties on our wreckers. Special ordered fully loaded strobe bars with work lights to rear. I think they were actually about 2K in cost, so I was told. Those strobes were great for business, often as we were cleaning up one wreck two more would happen from hypnotized rubberneckers. Progress aye? Jump aboard or get run over. Can't help but wonder what will come along one day to trump the LEDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.