Whelen HHS2200 Programming Question

YorkFire25

Jul 6, 2012
York Maine USA
I recently picked up a truck that had a whelen liberty and a HHS2200 when I bought it. The lightbar is amber and was put on the truck for plowing. As a firefighter I am adding red lights to it, but keeping the amber Liberty as well. I contacted whelen and obtained a copy of the HHS programming software. Wow! tyou guys were not kidding when you sait it was not a user friendly interface.

so I have a few questions for people who have worked with this software/controller.

Is there a way to make button six not be a single button alley light (outputs 4&5)?

If i'm not hooking up the siren to the horn ring, can the HF button (output 9) be wired to turn on a light instead?

I don't particularly care about siren functions (as they are not authorized at my current rank) but i know i want to keep the mechanical wail and the air horn features. but since I have a lot of lights that I would like to be able to switch independantly i would like to maximixe my buttons if possible.

any help is appreciated. thank you.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
YorkFire25 said:
I recently picked up a truck that had a whelen liberty and a HHS2200 when I bought it. The lightbar is amber and was put on the truck for plowing. As a firefighter I am adding red lights to it, but keeping the amber Liberty as well. I contacted whelen and obtained a copy of the HHS programming software. Wow! tyou guys were not kidding when you sait it was not a user friendly interface.
'Fraid not, not for the 2200 anyhow. WeCan software is much better to work with.

Is there a way to make button six not be a single button alley light (outputs 4&5)?
Yes. Drop down the Toolbox on the right. Select Buttons. Click and DRAG the desired type to the button on the controller icon and it will become that type. As far as I can tell, Buttons 5 through 8 all do simple on/off but they seem to be picky about where they're placed. Use Button 6 if replacing button six. If you use Air Horn it will become a momentary switch and you can remove the tone from it so it's just operating the output, and so on. Siren is a latched button I believe.

If i'm not hooking up the siren to the horn ring, can the HF button (output 9) be wired to turn on a light instead?
Yes, you have to change the fuse jumper on the amp itself to the output position. Output 9 is assignable to any button under the Outputs tab.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
YorkFire25 said:
I don't particularly care about siren functions (as they are not authorized at my current rank) but i know i want to keep the mechanical wail and the air horn features.
Mechanical wail is a siren tone, and is just as illegal as the rest of the tones. I recommend disabling it as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.