Whelen Justice Options?

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
4play said:
emtanderson? does he have a web page? what would be considered a High end Liberty? besides the duo color?

oh The member on here lol what I would truly want is a Duo color Amber/White 55' Liberty but I bet thats a little out of my price range

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
4play said:
oh The member on here lol what I would truly want is a Duo color Amber/White 55' Liberty but I bet thats a little out of my price range

I'm limited in my options for a bar to meet your needs. He has the full support of whelen at his grasp and can price it out for you a few different ways as well as give you an idea on lead time.

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
Im a real stubborn picky Bastard aren't I lol

Ok I found out why Ive seen different intensity's Of Liberties. I didnt know the standard only came with 4 Diode Heads But you can option it with 6 diode heads. that would explain the amber Liberties that hurt my eyeballs even during the day

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
4play said:
Im a real stubborn picky Bastard aren't I lol

Ok I found out why Ive seen different intensity's Of Liberties. I didnt know the standard only came with 4 Diode Heads But you can option it with 6 diode heads. that would explain the amber Liberties that hurt my eyeballs even during the day

Actually, the 4-Diode heads are an economical version of the 500 series inner heads, the standard are the 6-diode...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I don't know prices but I'd say go for a fully populated 54" justice. fill it with CON3s, LR11 led takedowns, alleys and rear work lights. I also like it with the STT taillights.

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
TritonBoulder47 said:
Actually, the 4-Diode heads are an economical version of the 500 series inner heads, the standard are the 6-diode...

Do they Make an even Brighter Light head for the Liberty? like an 8 Head? or something totally different? some of those Liberties the amber outshines the Red/Blue

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
No they don't. I can tell you whelen has completely redone their amber. The new amber bars blow the old ones away. Also, dump those tomar lower level lights and replace them with a pair of M6s. You won't even need a lightbar.

Btw.

A justice or a liberty is bright enough. How much brighter do u need it to be?? If they can't see your big rig with a fully populated led lightbar, they're never gonna see you.

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
I know. im like this with all my purchases. I only Buy the best, within reason. I would really like a duo but im not willing to drop 3g's for a fully populated one.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
TX_Mark said:
Those "personal vehicles" parked in construction zones are usually off duty PD, they are allowed to run red/blue. Idk OK laws but thats is how they do it in TX. and flashing white,red,blue are illegal in Texas unless your authorized, just FYI. if I were you I would stick to amber only, and use TD'S for scene lighting while unloading your loads.

Mark is very right about the construction zones, I know because I am one of those off duty LEOs in said zones with my RED/BLUE lights flashing. This is done for many reasons and to look cool is not one of them.

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
So I take it the dump truck with Red/Blue is probably a LEO workin his 2nd job? Or perhaps that county is so so broke they use use dump trucks for cruisers so save on budget costs :bonk:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
You are only going to hear what you want to hear. Many states have restrictions on clear lighting. And even more so, most states have enhanced transportation codes for commercial/big rigs. When you get into the over sized load runs, with all the permits and different rules in different states, the restrictions are even greater. But seriously, do what ever makes you feel good. When some DOT LEO has you on the shoulder for two hours going through your paper work, permits, equipment, logs, and weight, and then hands you a book of tickets, including the clear flashing lights, you can feel good in the personal knowledge that your right and the LEO, as well as those of us here on elb, are wrong. Even while paying the thousands of dollars in fines.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Sounds like another noob who knows it all. Just and FYI that "dump truck" if it was seen in Texas is most likely a TXDOT truck which is owned by the State of Texas and can have red and blues, but hey you know more than any of us on here, we have don't have the experience you do.........

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
MEVS06 said:
Sounds like another noob who knows it all. Just and FYI that "dump truck" if it was seen in Texas is most likely a TXDOT truck which is owned by the State of Texas and can have red and blues, but hey you know more than any of us on here, we have don't have the experience you do.........
Noob ya probably all i know is for the past 3 years ive been running tomar clear steobes up front and been pulled into the the scales countless times to have my permits and the only remarks ive gotten about those lights are how bright they are. Bever been hassled except in BC. He only made me cover them. And ive been driving truck for 9 years now im sure id i got stopped fir the white it wouldnt be 100's in fines. I run legal and own a new truck so besides a possible fine for the white lights. Btw the reason i put the white leds on is in the oversized trucking community the white lights are considerd "enhanced" safety color and many trucks and pilot cars run them same with construction equipment. So until a cop or a DOT has anything except positive comments about them ill continue to run them. Not all cops are miserable a-holes out to hate on truckers. Only tye corrupt ones in houston.

Last edited by a moderator:

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
But you know your right if the cop was a complete a-hole or if i was i could get a ticket. Even tho all the school busses up here in canada have white strobes on the roof no white flashing light is SAE approved. So if i was to get a ticket the ticket falls under the same section as if you were running non SAE approved offroad driving lights. A 100$ ticket here. And most DOT and cops dont know that because there is no rule about white flashin lights just the non sae white light but hey i may be wrong tho so if anyone can find the law that would clairify this up. Because what do i know im just a dumb NOOB trucker right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
4play said:
So until a cop or a DOT has anything except positive comments about them ill continue to run them.

Im not a cop, or a DOT..... :confused: but I am a MODERATOR

As a member, when asking for advice, its poor form to go pretending you know everything when there could be nothing further from the truth in regards to the lighting laws and the individual laws each state has regarding their use. It seems you need to educate yourself a bit further before spouting off to the very knowledgeable and experienced community we have here.

As a MODERATOR:

We have very strict rules here on ELB pertaining to the use of illegal lighting. Im not familiar with what Canada allows. I do know we have a thread here :http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/official-location-based-warning-hide-away-leds-general-meaning-discussion-thread-30732/

Where as if you continue degrading the board members while making potential claims on the use of lights that may or may not be legal in the manner you're using them, your thread might be moved here : http://elightbars.org/forums/f25/

Moral of the story, take the legal aspect to the proper places, and play nice folks

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Back on topic, where this thread shall stay, from what I hear, the Defender from Code 3 is one of the brightest on the market

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Phoenix_Rising said:
Back on topic, where this thread shall stay, from what I hear, the Defender from Code 3 is one of the brightest on the market

I have always been a FedSig fan, I have owned two Legends and as of Wednesday I am now the proud owner of a 52" Code 3 Defender in Red/Blue. I must admit this SOB is much brighter than my 53" FedSig Legend. Its always an option.

4play

Sep 28, 2011
canada
Ive never been a fan of Code 3 amber, ive seen some of the defender Red&blue those are bright but I think its hard to beat the new Whelen Liberty 6 Diode Bar. so ive prety much come to a decision im thinking a 54'' Liberty wecan full load fully populated with the extended corners Lr11 alleys im thinking LR11 T/D with the amber/amber split lighthead in the middle and I would like 2 of those super bright upgraded T/D and mount them as work lamps to the back, Im not familiar with the programming of the Wecan is it possible to program the Wecan with alleys and is there a AUX in the bar for the work lamps? im thinking that light bar should be pretty slick for my needs and BRIGHT too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.