Whelen LED Fog Light Install on '11 Avalanche

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Got a pair of Whelen FECT10*Cs installed the other day and figured I would share... The output is impressive! They flash in position 3 of the slide switch, and have a steady override for fog/driving light functions. They definetly work well as fog lights, they have been tested already in this lovely MI weather! These are the Tahoe mounts that I had no difficulty whatsoever installing on my Avalanche.

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_11_20Avy_a837884f.jpg

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_11_20Avy_5101535d.jpg

Output photos:

Low Beams Only:

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_11_20Avy_d4c675f6.jpg

Low Beams AND LED Fogs:

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_11_20Avy_4da2c401.jpg

Fogs Only:

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_11_20Avy_9f3f2414.jpg

AND a teaser video:

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_11_20Avy_th_b818b150.jpg

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Your video proves that sometimes less is much better than more. That well defined X pattern has to be just kick-ass at a hundred yards or more!

Now I am wondering if the Dodge Charger mounting will fit in my '02 Dodge Ram Sport. Heh heh heh!

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Where did you buy them from, I have been looking for these in white/white for my charger. Also, I've heard that the new models with the fog lights require a flasher in order to sync them up, is that what you used.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
NFD-102 said:
Where did you buy them from, I have been looking for these in white/white for my charger. Also, I've heard that the new models with the fog lights require a flasher in order to sync them up, is that what you used.

yea the new whelen fog leds with the interleave driving lights DO NOT Sync on their own, that wire is now used for the dricing light part. i just installed the PAR28's on my 2011 charger and have them on an 'X' pattern with my 500 series grille lights. i had to put each fog led on steady burn with an external flasher PLUS a relay to shut off the driving lights. if you dont add the relay, the white led driving lights will stay on while the color led flashes, lights are so awesome and def worth buying, plus the white driving leds are SOO bright

PM me if you have any other questions

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
NFD-102 said:

I used a Pioneer Flasher (PFLASH), or you could use CanTrol of you're into that sort of thing.

And yes, these as the PAR32 lights with the 2 "LINZ6 Style" lights in each housing.

Lead time on these was about 6 weeks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.