Whelen software

DonaldScr5

Nov 28, 2013
Connecticut
Is anyone else having any issue when it comes to opening the software? It keeps giving me an "application cannot be started contact the application vendor" message

If I disconnect from wifi it works fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nerdly_dood

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
You'd need to provide lots more info, including what software you are specifically speaking of, version, which OS you are using on the computer, etc..

DonaldScr5

Nov 28, 2013
Connecticut
All of the software. Wecan, we cad, cantrol, sapphire. HHS works. It currently isn't working on my windows 7 64 bit. It was working fine a few days ago. It's only giving troubles when connected to wifi and looking for the server application when you open it.

If I disconnect from wifi it works fine because it doesn't search for updates from the server with start up

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'd hazard a guess there is an issue with the OP's computer. Maybe something updated in the OS software after the time it worked fine last and is buggering with the whelen software.

OP try restoring your computer to a time when you know the software worked last. If it works then, figure out what  updated between that time and now. There is your issue.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
i've got the same issue, but I'm on Windows 8 (not 8.1) x64 on a Core i7.

Last edited by a moderator:

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Is anyone else having any issue when it comes to opening the software? It keeps giving me an "application cannot be started contact the application vendor" message

If I disconnect from wifi it works fine
All of Whelen's software is setup to check their servers for a couple of things (mainly whether it's valid, and if there are any updates that need to be downloaded). Disconnecting your internet returns an error to the software that basically says that the network is unavailable and to open it anyway.

Fixes:

1. Download the software and reinstall

2. Setup a rule on your firewall software to block the IP address and/or domain range for whelen.com for that application so that you don't have to disconnect from the network every time just to be able to use that software.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.