Whelen vertex question regarding the inline supply

Mike5959

Mar 27, 2013
Boston, ma
I recently bought a cvpi and someone cut out the supplies and left the heads. I do have one set complete. I was wondering if I could parallel a pair to one supply or if I could rig something else up to power them.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
1 supply will not run more than 1 head. It is a current limiting supply so any higher current draw attempts would just result in dimming both heads

They are pretty much useless without the flasher or someone willing to build you an power supply. It could be done but it wouldn't be practical

Mike5959

Mar 27, 2013
Boston, ma
1 supply will not run more than 1 head. It is a current limiting supply so any higher current draw attempts would just result in dimming both heads

They are pretty much useless without the flasher or someone willing to build you an power supply. It could be done but it wouldn't be practical
If I very quickly tap 12v they flash. I can tell it's too much to I have t done it again. Wasn't sure if solid state flasher would switch fast enough

Hate throwing out working parts

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
its possible, although it may still burn the vertex out.. this is a tough fix in a way, much simpler to source a new to you pair on the cheap from the site, and have a pair of spare heads if one ever fails, or even to swap the flashers on your heads w a cheap pair of any color..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.